Aerospace Engineering Gate Previous year Questions Papers (2007-2022) DOWNLOAD free

Aerospace Engineering Gate Previous year Questions Papers (2007-2022) DOWNLOAD

Aerospace Engineering Gate Previous year Questions Papers (2007-2022) DOWNLOAD

Aerospace Engineering  , Gate Previous year Questions Papers

GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2022 consists of 6 sections including Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion and Space Dynamics. Each section of the syllabus is further divided into ‘Core Topics’ and ‘Special Topics’. Apart from these six sections, GATE 2022 Aerospace Engineering Exam will include a section on General Aptitude.

In the GATE Aerospace Engineering Exam, 85% of the questions are asked from the GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus plus Engineering Mathematics and the remaining 15% questions are asked from the general aptitude section. Further, each section consists of about 90% of the questions from the core aerospace topics with the rest 10% from the special topics. GATE 2022 Aerospace Engineering paper would consist of a total of 65 Questions and 100 Marks

GATE 2022 Exam Pattern : Aerospace Engineering

If you are preparing  for this exam from Aerospace Engineering then first you  must know about the complete details of the examination like syllabus, number of Questions ,types of questions etc. to go straight forward towards your goals. There is a fixed pattern of conducting the GATE exam for almost every subjects.

Mode of ExaminationOnline Computer Based Test (CBT)
Exam Duration 3 Hours (180 Minutes)
Sectional Time LimitNone
SubjectAerospace Engineering
Total Number of questions65
Language English 
Total Number of Questions65 Questions
Type of QuestionsMultiple Choice Questions (MCQ);
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ);
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
Total Marks100 Marks
Marking Scheme1 or 2 marks for the each correct answer For 1 mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer;

For 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer;

And for MSQs and NATs there is No any negative marking
 

SCHAUM’S OUTline More Book pdf

GATE 2022 Aerospace Engineering Syllabus – Weightage of Important Topics

SectionTotal Number of Questions
Engineering Mathematics 9
Basics of Flight Mechanics 5
Airplane Performance3
Basic Fluid Mechanics5
Airfoil and WIngs6
Compressible Flows3
Strength of Materials5
Flight Vehicle Structures3
Structural Dynamics4
Basics of Propulsion2
Aerothermodynamics of Blade Engines4
Turbomachinery 3
Space Dynamics 3

GATE 2022 Section – wise Weightage : Aerospace Engineering

The section-wise weightage of the GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2022 in the exam is :

  • The maximum weightage will be given to the Core Topics i.e. 90%
  • 10% weightage will be given to Special Topics 

Apart from this the sectional weightage in GATE 2022 is:

Engineering Mathematics15%
General Aptitude15%
Topics From Aerospace Engineering 70%

GATE 2022 Marking scheme : Aerospace engineering

Tere will be negative marking in the examination. Negative marking depends on the type and marks of questions. For NAT questions there will be no negative marking but for 1 or 2 marks ½ and 2/3 marks will be deducted respectively for wrong answers. 

Type of questionNegative marking for the wrong answer
MCQs1/3 for 1 mark questions 2/3 for 2 marks questions
NATsNo negative marking 

GATE 2022 Syllabus : Aerospace Engineering

GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus consists of 6 sections. In each of the sections, the topics have been divided into two categories – Core Topics and Special Topics.The paper would consist of about 90% of the questions from the core aerospace topics with the rest 10% from the Special Topics for the respective sections

Section 1: Engineering Mathematics

Engineering mathematics is a branch of applied mathematics concerning mathematical methods and techniques that are typically used in engineering and industry. It is one of the difficult sections of the paper. This section carries fifteen percent weightage of the total questions. The topics include in this section are – 

Core TopicsSpecial Topics
Linear AlgebraFourier Series, Laplace Transforms, Complex analysis, Probability and statistics.
CalculusNumerical methods for linear and nonlinear algebraic equations
Differential EquationsNumerical integration and differentiation.

Section 2: Flight Mechanics

Flight mechanics are related to the operations of fixed-wing (gliders, airplanes) and rotary wing (helicopters) aircrafts. An Aeroplane (Airplane in US usage), is defined in ICAO Document 9110. The topics include in this section are – 

Core TopicsSpecial Topics
Basics: Atmosphere: Properties, standard atmosphere. Classification of aircraft. Airplane (fixed wing aircraft) configuration and various parts. Pressure altitude;

equivalent, calibrated, indicated air speeds; Primary flight instruments: Altimeter, ASI, VSI, Turn-bank indicator. Angle of attack, sideslip; Roll, pitch & yaw controls. Aerodynamic forces and moments.
Dynamic stability, Euler angles, Equations of motion
Airplane performance: Drag polar; takeoff and landing; steady climb & descent; absolute and service ceiling; range and endurance, load factor, turning flight, V-n diagram. Winds: head, tail & cross winds.Longitudinal modes, lateral-directional modes.
Static stability: Stability & control derivatives; longitudinal stick fixed & free stability; horizontal tail position and size; directional stability, vertical tail position and size; lateral stability. Wing dihedral, sweep & position; hinge moments, stick forces.Decoupling of longitudinal and lateral-directional dynamics

Section 3: Aerodynamics

Aerodynamics is the study of the motion of air, particularly its interaction with a solid object, such as an airplane wing. Aerodynamics is a sub-field of fluid dynamics and gas dynamics, and many aspects of aerodynamics theory are common to these fields. The topics include in this section are – 

Core TopicsSpecial Topics
Basic Fluid Mechanics: Conservation laws: Mass, momentum and energy (Integral and differential form) Dimensional analysis and dynamic similarity; Potential flow theory: sources, sinks, doublets, line vortex and their superposition. Elementary ideas of viscous flows including boundary layers.Shock – boundary layer interaction.
Airfoils and wings: Airfoil nomenclature; Aerodynamic coefficients: lift, drag and moment; Kutta-Joukoswki theorem Thin airfoil theory, Kutta condition, starting vortex; Finite wing theory: Induced drag Prandtl lifting line theory; Critical and drag divergence Mach number.Wind Tunnel Testing
Compressible Flows: Basic concepts of compressibility, One-dimensional compressible flows, Isentropic flows Fanno flow, Rayleigh flow; Normal and oblique shocks, Prandtl-Meyer flow; Flow through nozzles and diffusers.Measurement and visualization techniques

Section 4: Structures

A structure is an arrangement and organization of interrelated elements in a material object or system. Material structures include man-made objects such as buildings and machines and natural objects such as biological organisms, minerals, and chemicals. Abstract structures include data structures in computer science and musical form. The topics include in this section are – 

Core TopicsSpecial Topics
Strength of Materials: Stress and strain: Three-dimensional transformations, Mohr’s circle, principal stresses Three-dimensional Hooke’s law, Plane stress and strain.
Failure theories: Maximum stress, Tresca and von Mises. Strain energy. Castigliano’s principles. Statically determinate and indeterminate trusses and beams. Elastic flexural buckling of columns.
Vibration of beams
Flight vehicle structures: Characteristics of aircraft structures and materials. Torsion, bending and shear of thin-walled sections. Loads on aircraft.Theory of elasticity
Structural Dynamics: Free and forced vibrations of undamped and damped SDOF systems. Free vibrations of undamped 2-DOF systems.Equilibrium and compatibility equations, Airy’s stress function.

Section 5: Propulsion

Propulsion is a means of creating force leading to movement. A propulsion system consists of a source of mechanical power, and a propulsor (means of converting this power into propulsive force). The topics include in this section are – 

Core TopicsSpecial Topics
Basics: Thermodynamics, boundary layers, heat transfer, combustion and thermochemistry.Aerothermodynamics of non-rotating propulsion components such as intakes, combustor and nozzle.
Aerothermodynamics of aircraft engines: Thrust, efficiency, range. Brayton cycle. Engine performance: ramjet, turbojet, turbofan, turboprop and turboshaft engines. Afterburners.Turbine blade cooling.
Turbomachinery: Axial compressors: Angular momentum, work and compression, characteristic performance of a single axial compressor stage Efficiency of the compressor and degree of reaction, multi-staging. Centrifugal compressor: Stage dynamics, inducer, impeller and diffuser. Axial turbines: Stage performance.Compressor-turbine matching
Rockets: Thrust equation and specific impulse, rocket performance. Multi-staging. Chemical rockets. Performance of solid and liquid propellant rockets.Surge and stall

Section 6: Space Dynamics

Space dynamics is the study of man made objects in space when subjected to natural forces or any artificially induced forces in space. The topics include in this section are – 

Core TopicsSpecial Topics
Central force motion, determination of trajectory and orbital period in simple cases. Kepler’s laws; escape velocity.Orbit transfer, in-plane and out-of-plane.

Section 7 :General Aptitude 

General Aptitude is a common section to all the GATE Papers. It is helpful for testing the analytical skills along with comprehension skills sof the candidate. The topics include in this section are 

Verbal AbilityNumerical Ability
English grammar; Sentence completion, Instructions; Verbal analogies, Word groups; Critical reasoning, Verbal deduction. Numerical computation; Numerical reasoning; Numerical estimation; Data interpretation. 

Topics included in Engineering Mathematics for GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2022

Engineering Mathematics in GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2022 consists of the following topics: 

Core topicsSpecial Topics
Linear AlgebraFourier Series, Laplace Transforms, Complex analysis, Probabil+ity and statistics.
CalculusNumerical methods for linear and nonlinear algebraic equations
Differential EquationsNumerical integration and differentiation.

Download Here Aerospace Engineering Gate Previous year Questions Papers

YearsQuestion Papers
2007DOWNLOAD PDF
2008DOWNLOAD PDF
2009DOWNLOAD PDF
2010DOWNLOAD PDF
2011DOWNLOAD PDF
2012DOWNLOAD PDF
2013DOWNLOAD PDF
2014DOWNLOAD PDF
2015DOWNLOAD PDF
2016DOWNLOAD PDF
2017DOWNLOAD PDF
2018DOWNLOAD PDF
2019DOWNLOAD PDF
2020DOWNLOAD PDF
2021DOWNLOAD PDF
2022Coming Soon …
NOTE : – If you need anything else more like ebooks, video lectures, syllabus  etc regarding  your Preperation / Examination  then do 📌 mention in the Comment Section below. 

Important topics from GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2022 that will help in scoring good marks?

Ans: Some of the important topics in GATE Aerospace Engineering Syllabus 2022 are:

  • Dynamic stability, Euler angles, Equations of motion, Aerodynamic forces and moments
  • Equilibrium and compatibility equations, Airy’s stress function.
  • Decoupling of longitudinal and lateral-directional dynamics, longitudinal modes, lateral-directional modes

Advantages of solving GATE Previous Question Papers

  • By solving GATE previous year question papers, candidates will be able to get an idea about the nature of questions that will be asked in the exam.
  • Also, by solving previous years GATE question papers, students will be able to establish how much weightage is given to topics and sections.
  • Apart from getting acquainted with the nature of questions and weightage to topics, candidates appearing for the entrance exam can improve on other important attributes relating to the exam such as management of time, ability to solve tricky problems, keen eye for details, speed of solving questions and a lot more.
  • Along with solving the GATE previous year question papers, candidates are also advised to refer to the GATE syllabus 2022 to get in-depth knowledge of topics and subjects from where the questions were asked in the exam.

Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – about GATE 2022 Exam

What is the purpose of GATE exam?

The purpose of the GATE exam is to test students knowledge and understanding of their under Graduate level subjects in Engineering and Science.

What is GATE 2022 exam pattern ?  

GATE exam pattern 2022
》Questions are of  type MCQs, MSQs & NAT
》The paper is  of  total 65 Questions with 100 marks
》Duration of the  Examination is 3 hours (180 min)
》The questions paper is in English language.  

Is there any Negative Marking for the wrong answer in the GATE 2022 Examination ? 

Yes,   For 1 mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer   For 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer   And for MSQs and NATs there is No any negative marking

How many attempts are there for gate?

There is No Restriction on the number of GATE attempts. One can enroll and appear for the exam as many times as they want.

》IMPORTANT KEYWORDS AND TAGS : –

01. GATE Physics QUESTION PAPERS with solutions pdf fiziks
02. GATE Physics Previous Year Papers book
03. Last 15 years GATE papers with Solutions
04. Chapterwise GATE Physics Solved Papers pdf
05. GATE Physics Question Paper 2021
06. GATE 2020 Physics question Paper with solution PDF
07. GATE Physics Question Pattern
08. GATE Question Paper
09. GATE previous year Question Papers with solutions for CSE subject wise
10. GATE pyq MADE EASY
11. Rbr GATE lectures free download
12. GATE pyq Mechanical
13. GATE CSE Question bank
14. GATE Question Paper for CSE with solutions PDF Free download
15. GATE pyq book
16. What is the purpose of GATE exam ?
17. Who is eligible for GATE exam ?
18. What is GATE exam full deatails ?
19. How many attempts are there for gate?
20. What is the fees of GATE exam?
21. Is Gate tougher than Jee?
22. Is GATE exam useful for jobs?
23. Can I give Gate in 2 subjects?
24. What is the syllabus of gate?
25. What is the salary after gate?
26. Is Gate compulsory for government jobs?
27. What is a good gate score?
28. Does 12th marks matter in gate?
29. How much CGPA is required for gate?
30. What is Gate age limit?
31. GATE exam age limit
32. What is GATE exam eligibility
33. GATE exam form
34. What is GATE Exam in Hindi
35. What is GATE exam syllabus
36. GATE exam is for what purpose
37. What is the use of GATE exam
38. What is GATE exam quora

Leave a Comment

close