Biomedical Engineering (BM) Gate Previous year Questions Papers (2020-2022) DOWNLOAD | Gate Biomedical Engineering Previous Years Question Papers pdf download
Biomedical Engineering (BM) Gate Previous year Questions Papers (2020-2022) DOWNLOAD
IIT Kharagpur has released GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering Syllabus online on the official website. No new changes have been made to the syllabus. GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering Syllabus is divided into ten sections. With the revision in GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering Syllabus last year, topics such as stability analysis, time domain, frequency domain analysis, etc. had been removed from the core subject. For GATE Biomedical Engineering, the core subject carries 72% weightage. However, the sections of Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude carry 13% and 15% weightage respectively.
The candidates who choose Biomedical Engineering as their first paper can choose one among Biotechnology (BT), Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC), Instrumentation Engineering (IN) or Life Sciences (XL) as their second papers.
GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering Syllabus includes sections such as Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Analog and Digital Electronics, Measurements and Control Systems, Sensors and Bio- instrumentation, Human Anatomy, and Physiology, Biomechanics, Medical Imaging Systems, and Biomaterials. To secure high scores in the first attempt, the students need to practice a good amount of mock tests before appearing for GATE 2022.
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern : Biomedical Engineering
If you are preparing for this exam from Biomedical Engineering then first you must know about the complete details of the examination like syllabus, number of Questions ,types of questions etc. to go straight forward towards your goals. There is a fixed pattern of conducting the GATE exam for almost every subjects.
|Mode of Examination||Online Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Sectional Time Limit||None|
|Subject||Biomedical Engineering (BM)|
|Total Number of questions||65|
|Total Number of Questions||65 Questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ);|
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ);
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||1 or 2 marks for the each correct answer For 1 mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer;|
For 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer;
And for MSQs and NATs there is No any negative marking
GATE 2022 Sectional weightage : Biomedical Engineering
The weightage of sections in GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering is provided below in the table:
|GATE BM Sectional Weightage|
|Remaining Topics of CH||72%|
SCHAUM’S OUTline More Book pdf
- Schaum’s Outline Biology Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outlines Probability and Statistics Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Advanced Calculus Book pdf Download 2022
- Schaum’s Outline Abstract Algebra Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Discrete Mathematics Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Mathematical Handbook of Formulas and Tables Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Beginning Statistics Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Vector Analysis Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Linear Algebra Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Partial Differential Equations Book pdf Download 2022 free
- Schaum’s Outline Statistics Book pdf Download 2022 free
GATE 2022 Marking scheme : Biomedical Engineering
|Question Type||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks||Question Format|
|General Aptitude||5 questions of 1 mark each 5 questions of 2 marks each||15 marks||MCQ|
|Subject-based questions||25 questions of 1 mark each 30 questions of 2 marks each||85 marks||MCQ and NAT|
GATE 2022 Negative Marking : Biomedical Engineering
|Type of Question||Correct Answer||Incorrect Answer|
|MCQ||1 or 2 Marks||⅓ for 1 mark questions|
⅔ for 2 marks questions
|NAT||1 or 2 Marks||No Negative Marking|
GATE 2022 Syllabus : Biomedical Engineering
Given below is the detailed GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering (BM) Syllabus. The candidates are advised to check out the same before appearing for GATE 2022.
Section 1 – Engineering Mathematics:
- Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, systems of linear equations, Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
- Calculus: Mean value theorems, theorems of integral calculus, partial derivatives, maxima and minima, multiple integrals, Fourier series, vector identities, line, surface and volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Differential equations: First order linear and nonlinear differential equations, higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, method of separation of variables, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, initial and boundary value problems, solution of partial differential equations.
- Analysis of complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula, Taylor’s and Laurent’s series, residue theorem.
- Probability and Statistics: Sampling theorems, conditional probability, mean, median, mode and standard deviation, random variables, discrete and continuous distributions: normal, Poisson and binomial distributions. Tests of Significance, statistical power analysis, and sample size estimation.
- Linear Regression and correlation analysis
- Numerical Methods: Matrix inversion, numerical solutions of nonlinear algebraic equations, iterative methods for solving differential equations, numerical integration.
Section 2 – Electrical Circuits:
- Voltage and current sources – independent, dependent, ideal and practical; v-i relationships of resistor, inductor and capacitor; transient analysis of RLC circuits with de excitation; Kirchoffs laws, superposition, Thevenin, Norton, maximum power transfer and reciprocity theorems; Peak, average and rms values of ac quantities; apparent, active and reactive powers; phasor analysis, impedance and admittance; series and parallel resonance, realization of basic filters with R, L and C elements, Bode plot.
Section 3 – Signals and Systems:
- Continuous and Discrete Signal and Systems – Periodic, aperiodic and impulse signals; Sampling theorem; Laplace and Fourier transforms; impulse response of systems; transfer function, frequency response of first and second order linear time invariant systems, convolution, correlation. Discrete time systems – impulse response, frequency response, DFT, Z – transform; basics of IIR and FIR filters.
Section 4 – Analog and Digital Electronics:
- Basic characteristics and applications of diode, BJT and MOSFET; Characteristics and applications of operational amplifiers – difference amplifier, adder, subtractor, integrator, differentiator, instrumentation amplifier, buffer, filters and waveform generators.
- Number systems, Boolean algebra; combinational logic circuits – arithmetic circuits, comparators, Schmitt trigger, encoder/decoder, MUX/DEMUX, multi-vibrators; Sequential circuits – latches and flip flops, state diagrams, shift registers and counters; Principles of ADC and DAC; Microprocessor- architecture, interfacing memory and input- output devices.
Section 5 – Measurements and Control Systems:
- SI units, systematic and random errors in measurement, expression of uncertainty – accuracy and precision index, propagation of errors; PMMC, MI and dynamometer type instruments; de potentiometer;bridges for measurement ofR, LandC,Q-meter. Basics of control system – transfer function.
Section 6 – Sensors and Bioinstrumentation:
- Sensors – resistive, capacitive, inductive, piezoelectric, Hall effect, electro chemical, optical; Sensor signal conditioning circuits; application of LASER in sensing and therapy.
- Origin of biopotentials and their measurement techniques- ECG, EEG, EMG, ERG, EOG, GSR, PCG, Principles of measuring blood pressure, body temperature, volume and flow in arteries, veins and tissues, respiratory measurements and cardiac output measurement.
- Operating principle of medical equipment -sphygmomanometer, ventilator, cardiac pacemaker, defibrillator, pulse oximeter, hemodialyzer; Electrical Isolation (optical and electrical) and Safety of Biomedical Instruments.
Section 7 – Human Anatomy and Physiology:
- Basics of cell, types of tissues and organ systems; Homeostasis; Basics of organ systems – musculoskeletal, respiratory, circulatory, excretory, endocrine, nervous, gastro-intestinal and reproductive.
Section 8 – Medical Imaging Systems:
- Basic physics, Instrumentation and image formation techniques in medical imaging modalities such as X-Ray, Computed Tomography, Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography, Positron Emission Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Ultrasound.
Section 9 – Biomechanics:
- Kinematics of muscles and joints – free-body diagrams and equilibrium, forces and stresses in joints, biomechanical analysis of joints, Gait analysis; Hard Tissues – Definition of Stress and Strain, Deformation Mechanics, structure and mechanical properties of bone – cortical and cancellous bones; Soft Tissues – Structure, functions, material properties, viscoelastic properties, Maxwell & Voigt models; Biofluid mechanics – Flow properties of blood in the intact human cardiovascular system.
Section 10 – Biomaterials:
- Basic properties of biomaterials – Metallic, Ceramic, Polymeric and Composite; Fundamental characteristics of implants – biocompatibility, bioactivity, biodegradability; Basics of drug delivery; Basics of tissue engineering. Biomaterial characterization techniques – Rheology, Atomic Force Microscopy, Electron Microscopy, Transmission Electron Microscopy Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy.
Download Gate Biomedical Engineering (BM) Previous year Questions Papers pdf
|NOTE : – If you need anything else more like ebooks, video lectures, syllabus etc regarding your Preperation / Examination then do 📌 mention in the Comment Section below.|
Advantages of solving GATE Previous Question Papers
- By solving GATE previous year question papers, candidates will be able to get an idea about the nature of questions that will be asked in the exam.
- Also, by solving previous years GATE question papers, students will be able to establish how much weightage is given to topics and sections.
- Apart from getting acquainted with the nature of questions and weightage to topics, candidates appearing for the entrance exam can improve on other important attributes relating to the exam such as management of time, ability to solve tricky problems, keen eye for details, speed of solving questions and a lot more.
- Along with solving the GATE previous year question papers, candidates are also advised to refer to the GATE syllabus 2022 to get in-depth knowledge of topics and subjects from where the questions were asked in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can one appear for Biotechnology paper along with GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering?
Ans: Yes, the candidates can sit for a maximum of 2 papers. IIT Bombay has released a list of a combination of papers. With GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering students can appear for Biotechnology(BT) or for Life Sciences (XL).
What will be the major topics of GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering Syllabus?
Ans: The major section in GATE 2022 Biomedical Engineering will be engineering mathematics and core subject topics. Also, general aptitude questions will also be asked in the paper which is a common section for all stream candidates. The major topics for biomedical engineering paper will be:
Signals and Systems
Analog and Digital Electronics
Measurements and Control Systems
Sensors and Bioinstrumentation
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Medical Imaging Systems
Important Searches & Tags
- Biomedical Engineering syllabus
- gate Biomedical Engineering previous year questions paper
- Gate Biomedical Engineering pyq
- Gate previous year questions papers
- Biomedical Engineering (BM)