CUET (UG) Sociology exam pattern and syllabus in details . Download CUET sociology syllabus pdf from below . CUET stand for common university entrance test conducted by NTA for admission in various undergraduate & postgraduate courses of central universities . The cutoff and eligibility criteria is published by universities themselves.
The syllabus and important topic for CUET (UG) sociology paper is provided below which you need to focus for your preparation .
The CUET 2023 undergraduate (UG) Test is conducted via into three parts. Sections 1A and 1B test both general and specialized language knowledge. In Section II of CUET 2022, candidates will be tested on their domain knowledge where need to select their domain subject as per their wish or as per the requirement of their desired college in their domain.
Sociology is one of the domain-specific subjects in Section II of CUET (UG) . In Sociology domain paper you will be given 50 questions in which you need to answers 40 questions . In 2023, there will be 200 marks for the CUET sociology test.
CUET sociology (326) syllabus pdf download :
Unit I: Structure of Indian Society
- Introducing Indian Society: Colonialism, Nationalism, Class, and Community • Demographic Structure • Rural-Urban Linkages and Divisions
Unit II: Social Institutions: Continuity and Change
- Family and Kinship • The Caste System • Tribal Society • The Market as a Social Institution
Unit III: Social Inequality and Exclusion
- Caste Prejudice, Scheduled Castes, and Other Backward Classes • The marginalization of Tribal Communities • The Struggle for Women’s Equality • The Protection of Religious Minorities • Caring for the Differently Abled
Unit IV: The Challenges of Unity in Diversity
- Problems of Communalism, Regionalism, Casteism, and Patriarchy • Role of the State in a Plural, and Unequal Society • What We Share
Unit V: Process of Social Change in India
- Process of Structural Change: Colonialism, Industrialisation, Urbanisation • Process of Cultural Change: Modernization, Westernisation, Sanskritisation, Secularisation • Social Reform Movements and Laws
Unit VI: Social Change and the Polity
- The Constitution as an instrument of Social Change • Parties, Pressure Groups, and Democratic Politics • Panchayati Raj and the Challenges of Social Transformation
Unit VII: Social Change and the Economy
- Land Reforms, the Green Revolution, and Agrarian Society • From Planned Industrialisation to Liberalisation • Changes in the Class Structure
Unit VIII: Arenas of Social Change
- Media and Social Change • Globalization and Social Change Note: There will be one Question Paper which will have 50 questions out of which 40 questions need to be attempted. SOCIOLOGY -326
Unit IX: New Arenas of Social Change
- Media and Social Change • Globalization and Social Change
Unit X: Social Movements
- Class-Based Movements: Workers, Peasants • Caste-Based Movements: Dalit Movement, Backward Castes, Trends in Upper Caste Responses • Women’s Movements in Independent India • Tribal Movements • Environmental Movements
Other CUET syllabus & materials you may like:
- CUET engineering graphics syllabus
- CUET Reasoning – Puzzle Test questions with answers
- CUET History mock test 2023 for free
- CUET (UG) sociology domain syllabus 2023
- CUET (UG) Biology mock test of Biotechnology and Its Applications 2023
- [Syllabus] Economics/Business Economics (309) CUET (UG) 2022
- CUET syllabus of computer science/ information practices
- CUET Reasoning -blood relation questions with answers
- Biology mock test Microbes in Human Welfare for CUET (UG)
- CUET (UG) 2023 Biology Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants MCQs
Can I prepare for the CUET in less than 7 days?
According to the priority of subjects, below are section-by-section plans and preparations that you can take off one by one.
Day 1 – General Test (Language Preparation)
This is the section that needs your most attention. Even if you must be preparing it and updated on the current affairs, there will always be some things that you can catch up on every day.
Adapt the habit of reading editorials every day. My suggestion will be to read “The Hindus” newspaper and choose other local languages if it’s not English. Even without actually dedicating your day to language-based preparation, you will automatically get prepared for reading comprehension and vocabulary building.
Day 2 – General Test
Again 2nd day will be the same where you’ll try to grab as much as information you can.
Day 3 – General Test, Language Based
Here you can divide your hours between general tests and language-based preparations. Give your time here more towards reading and preparing for other topics like rearranging parts, choosing the correct word, synonyms and antonyms, etc.
Day 4 – Language-Based, General Test, Domain Specific
This is where you can start attempting various test papers now to check your language knowledge (if it’s English). And read local lessons for other languages and read local newspapers.
Give maximum time to language then GT and start revising Domain subjects that you studied in 12th already.
Day 5 – Language-Based, General Test, Domain Specific
Again repeat the same process, same as Day 5, and keep going.
Day 6 – Domain Specific, Language Based, General Test
Now change your ratio of dedicating time to a particular subject, give maximum time to Domain Specific subject now as you are two days away from the exam now and then practice language again and at last update yourself with the general test.
Day 7 – Domain Specific = Language Based = General Test
The final day, spend a maximum of time and give your best shot to your preparation this day where you’ll focus on revising all the things, attempting mocks/tests/samples, and exploring affairs.
How do we prepare for the CUET 2023?
Preparing for CUET is tough but with enough preparation you can crack it. Here are a few tips to help you in your preparation –
Get to know the exam pattern and the syllabus of all the subjects you will be sitting for. The syllabus is like a roadmap that will take you to your destination, exam pattern will tell you the question type.
Get started early and make a detailed schedule to cover the entire syllabus while leaving time for revision before exam.
Read newspapers daily. It will help you improve your vocabulary, grammar and reading comprehension.
Practice as many mock tests as you can to analyze your performance as well as to get familiar with the exam pattern.
Make an exam day strategy in advance.
Don’t overwork yourself and take some time out to relax as well.
Search keywords and tags :
- cuet sociology syllabus in hindi
- cuet sociology notes pdf
- cuet sociology syllabus 2023 pg
- cuet sociology book pdf download
- cuet sociology syllabus 2023 ug
- cucet sociology syllabus
- cuet syllabus
- cuet sociology pg