Here you will get CUET (ug) political science domain subject syllabus . Those who are looking for CUET political science syllabus for undergraduate exam then they are at correct place below we have provided detailed syllabus of CUET (UG) as per the the National testing agency .NTA conducts CUET in which section-2 applicants need to choose domain subjects from 27 options , among which there is a option political science whose syllabus is provided below in details .
The CUET ( UG) exam is a single window for admission in undergraduate course of various central Universities . To prepare for CUET aspirant first need to familiarise themselves with the test’s syllabus and their domain subject syllabus . Once you are familiar with the political science syllabus next you need to master the compelete syllabus to have a edge over others.
There will be 50 questions in your political science domain paper out of which applicants need to answer only 40 , that is NTA have provided 10 optional questions which applicants can leave from among all 50 questions . There will be negative marking of 1 marks for each wrong answer and no marks will be deducted for unattempted questions .
CUET (UG) POLITICAL science syllabus pdf download :
The political science syllabus of common university entrance test for UG course is divided into sections as follows
Politics in India Since Independence
- The era of One-Party Dominance: First three general elections, nature of Congress dominance at the national level, uneven dominance at the state level, coalitional nature of Congress. Major opposition parties.
- Nation-Building and Its Problems: Nehru’s approach to nation-building: Legacy of partition: the challenge of ‘refugee’ resettlement, the Kashmir problem. Organization and reorganization of states; Political conflicts over language.
- Politics of Planned Development: Five- year plans, expansion of state sector, and the rise of new economic interests. Famine and suspension of five-year plans. Green revolution and its political fallouts.
- India’s External Relations: Nehru’s foreign policy. Sino-Indian war of 1962, Indo-Pak war of 1965 and 1971. India’s nuclear programme and shifting alliances in world politics.
- Challenge to and Restoration of Congress System: Political succession after Nehru. Non-Congressism and electoral upset of 1967, Congress split and reconstitution, Congress’ victory in 1971 elections, politics of ‘garibi hatao’.
- Crisis of the Constitutional Order: Search for ‘committed’ bureaucracy and judiciary. Navnirman movement in Gujarat and the Bihar movement. Emergency: context, constitutional and extra constitutional dimensions, resistance to emergency. 1977 elections and the formation of the Janata Party. Rise of civil liberties organizations.
- Regional Aspirations and Conflicts: Rise of regional parties. Punjab crisis and the anti-Sikh riots of 1984. The Kashmir situation. Challenges and responses in the North East.
- Rise of New Social Movements: Farmers’ movements, Women’s movement, Environment, and Development-affected people’s movements. Implementation of Mandal Commission report and its aftermath.
- Democratic Upsurge and Coalition Politics: Participatory upsurge in the 1990s. Rise of the JD and the BJP. The increasing role of regional parties and coalition politics. UF and NDA governments. Elections 2004 and UPA government.
- Recent Issues and Challenges: Challenge of and responses to globalization: new economic policy and its opposition. Rise of OBCs in North Indian politics. Dalit politics in the electoral and non-electoral arena. Challenge of communalism: Ayodhya dispute, Gujarat riots.
Contemporary World Politics
- Cold War Era in World Politics: Emergence of two power blocs after the second world war. Arenas of the cold war. Challenges to Bipolarity: Non-Aligned Movement, the quest for new international economic order. India and the cold war.
- Disintegration of the ‘Second World’ and the Collapse of Bipolarity: New entities in world politics: Russia, Balkan states, and, Central Asian states, Introduction of democratic politics and capitalism in post-communist regimes. India’s relations with Russia and other post-communist countries.
- US Dominance in World Politics: Growth of unilateralism: Afghanistan, first Gulf War, response to 9/11 and attack on Iraq. Dominance and challenge to the US in economy and ideology. India’s renegotiation of its relationship with the USA.
- Alternative Centres of Economic and Political Power: Rise of China as an economic power in post- Mao era, creation, and expansion of European Union, ASEAN. India’s changing relations with China.
- South Asia in the Post-Cold War Era: Democratisation and its reversals in Pakistan and Nepal. Ethnic conflict in Sri Lanka. Impact of economic globalization on the region. Conflicts and efforts for peace in South Asia. India’s relations with its neighbours.
- International Organisations in a Unipolar World: Restructuring and the future of the UN. India’s position in the restructured UN. Rise of new international actors: new international economic organizations, NGOs. How democratic and accountable are the new institutions of global governance?
- Security in Contemporary World: Traditional concerns of security and politics of disarmament. Non-traditional or human security: global poverty, health, and education. Issues of human rights and migration.
- Environment and Natural Resources in Global Politics: Environment movement and evolution of global environmental norms. Conflicts over traditional and common property resources. Rights of indigenous people. India’s stand-in global environmental debates.
- Globalisation and Its Critics: Economic, cultural and political manifestations. Debates on the nature of consequences of globalization. Anti-globalization movements. India as an arena of globalization and struggles against it.
Other CUET syllabus & materials you may like:
- CUET syllabus of computer science/ information practices
- CUET Reasoning questions with answer of Number series
- CUET economics mock test 2023 | CUET Mock test
- CUET (UG) Psychology mock test free 2023
- NTA CUET (UG) Political science mock test for free 2023
- CUET UG Syllabus PDF Download 2023 (Latest) in Hindi (हिन्दी)
- CUET (UG) Biology Practice set – Human Reproduction
- CUET UG Reasoning – classification questions with answers 2022
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production , Biology Mock test for CUET 2023
- CUET (UG) entrepreneurship Official syllabus , exam pattern
Search keywords and tags :
- cuet political science syllabus in hindi
- cuet political science syllabus pdf
- cuet political science syllabus 2022
- cuet political science book
- cuet history syllabus
- cuet political science question paper
- cuet syllabus
- cuet economics syllabus