Economic Geology MCQ Questions | Geology MCQ Questions | Geology MCQ for competitive exams | General Geology MCQ | Geology MCQs with answers | Engineering Geology quiz | Geology Practice test | Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf |Geology Objective Questions in english | Geology questions and answers | iit jam Geology mcq
Here is a compilation of Free Economic Geology MCQs for practice . It consists of IIT JAM Geology Multiple Choice Questions from the topic General with Answer Key. These questions can be very useful for the preparation of all the competitive examinations in Geology / Biological Sciences such as IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations . So, you can test yourself HERE.
Economic Geology MCQs with answers 2022 for IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU & other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations
We have compiled the Economic Geology MCQs with answers 2022 for the Candidates / Students who are preparing for IIT JAM, CSIR JRF NET, GATE and other University M.Sc & Ph.D Entrance Examinations. Practice Economic Geology MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers which is very important for students who want to score good marks in their respective examinations.
There are some Economic Geology MCQs with answers given below So , attempt these MCQs and test yourself ….
1. Identify the mineral which has specific gravity >5 hardness < 3 and gives grey streak.
2. Which of the following mineral deposit is formed exclusively by surface geological processes?
3. An ore body showing ‘saddle reef structure is formed by:
A. Early magmatic crystallization process
B. Liquid immiscibility
C. Hydrothermal process
D. Metamorphic process
4. Which of the following is the oldest oil-field in India?
A. Bombay high
B. Combay Basin
D. Krishna-Godavari Basin
5. Which of the following is the highest rank of coal?
C. Bituminous coal
6. The following pathfinder element is useful in the exploration of Au :
7. Zawar mines are famous for:
C. Lead and Zinc
8. In geobotanical prospecting Douglas Fir plant is used to indicate:
9. Polymetallic nodules are generally restricted to the:
A Continental shelf
C. Deep ocean floor
D. Marine subsoil
10. Which of the following is the major gold metallogenic epoch?
11. Major Al-deposits in India are associated with: 2
A. Gondwana rocks
B. Archean rocks in Singhbhum
C. Vindhyan rocks
D. Khondalites along east coast of India
12. Following is also associated with brecciated Iron Ore Copper-Gold (IOCG) deposits:
13. Economic concentration of this metal is commonly ascribed to liquid immiscibility:
14. Which of these is an ore mineral of lead?
15. Placer deposits are formed by:
A. Fluid boiling
B. Magma segregation
C. Gravitational separation
D. Wall-rock alteration
16. In a vein body comprising ‘galena – pyrite sphalerite – quartz’, which is/are the gangue mineral(s)?
A Quartz and pyrite
B. Sphalerite and quartz
C. Galena and sphalerite
D. Only quartz
17. Which of these is a magnesium carbonate ore?
18. Which of these is not an ore mineral of copper?
19. Which of these rocks could be an important source of diamonds?
20. Among the following ores, of which is gossan a characteristics surface indicator?
A. Pyrite – Chalcopyrite
B. Chromite – mabnetite
C. Pyrolusite – psilomelane
D. Clumbite – tantalite
21. Which of the following physical properties characterize galena?
A. Prismatic form
B. Cherry red streak
C. Yellow colour
D. High specific gravity
22. ‘Comb structure with ‘symmetrical banding’ is formed by:
A. Early magmatic process
B. Hydrothermal process
C. Chemical sedimentary process
D. Residual concentration process
23. Malachite and Azurite are characteristics ore minerals of:
A. Gossan zone
B. Zone of oxidation
C. Zone of supergene enrichment
24. Extensive hydrothermal alteration is generally associated with:
A. Stratiform chromite deposit
B. Quartz-pebble conglomerate-hosted gold deposit
C. Superior-type iron deposit
D. Porphyry copper deposit
25. Geiger Müller counter is commonly used for the exploration of:
A. Bauxite deposit
B. Pb-Zn deposit
C. Uranium deposit
D. Iron ore deposit
26. Mineral often referred to as ‘Fool’s gold’ is:
27. Sukinda in Odisha is well-known for deposits of:
28. Economically recoverable quantities of each resources are called:
29. Iron ore of Goa State is mainly of:
C. Blue dust
30. Supergene sulphides enrichment occurs:
A. Above the water table
B. A depth independent of water table
C. Below the water table
D. Both above and below the groundwater table
Hope the information shed above regarding Economic Geology MCQs with answers 2022 for IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations . If you have any other queries , feel free to reach us so that we can revert back to us at the earliest possible.
And if any answer is wrong then feel free to correct us 🤗.
These are some RECOMMENDED Best Books for your preparation , Buy from below the hard copy at the affordable prices : –
Advantages of practicing MCQs QUESTIONS
- By practicing the Questions from any practice book or online HERE or last years questions Papers, you’ll be able to understand the Syllabus and Pattern of the respective exam.
- By solving the Problems / Questions, you’ll find an idea about the questions that what kind of questions were asked and what kind of questions can be asked.
- Also By continuous practicing of the Problems , you’ll be able to rectify your sharpness, accuracy, capacity and also time management skills.
IMPORTANT SEARCHES AND TAGS
- Economic Geology mcq questions
- Geology MCQ Questions PDF
- Geology MCQ for competitive exams
- Exploration Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQs with answers PDF
- Geology mcq examveda
- Photo Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQ indiabix
- Mining Geology MCQ PDF
- Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf
- Geology MCQ book
- Structure or form which depicts leaf-like sheets is
- Geology Practice test
- Geological map mcq
- Geology Objective Questions in English
- Geology questions and answers
- Engineering Geology viva Questions
- Engineering Geology quiz
- Iit jam GEOLOGY study material