Looking for Economic geology MCQs with answers? then you are at right page. In this article you will get economic geology questions and answers for free to practice. These questions can be very useful for the preparation of all the competitive examinations in Geology / Biological Sciences such as IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations.
Practice Economic Geology MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers which is very important for students who want to score good marks in their respective examinations.
Economic geology MCQ questions and answers:
1. Identify the mineral which has specific gravity >5 hardness < 3 and gives grey streak.
2. Which of the following mineral deposit is formed exclusively by surface geological processes?
3. An ore body showing ‘saddle reef structure is formed by:
A. Early magmatic crystallization process
B. Liquid immiscibility
C. Hydrothermal process
D. Metamorphic process
4. Which of the following is the oldest oil-field in India?
A. Bombay high
B. Combay Basin
D. Krishna-Godavari Basin
5. Which of the following is the highest rank of coal?
C. Bituminous coal
6. The following pathfinder element is useful in the exploration of Au :
7. Zawar mines are famous for:
C. Lead and Zinc
8. In geobotanical prospecting Douglas Fir plant is used to indicate:
9. Polymetallic nodules are generally restricted to the:
A Continental shelf
C. Deep ocean floor
D. Marine subsoil
10. Which of the following is the major gold metallogenic epoch?
11. Major Al-deposits in India are associated with: 2
A. Gondwana rocks
B. Archean rocks in Singhbhum
C. Vindhyan rocks
D. Khondalites along east coast of India
12. Following is also associated with brecciated Iron Ore Copper-Gold (IOCG) deposits:
13. Economic concentration of this metal is commonly ascribed to liquid immiscibility:
14. Which of these is an ore mineral of lead?
15. Placer deposits are formed by:
A. Fluid boiling
B. Magma segregation
C. Gravitational separation
D. Wall-rock alteration
16. In a vein body comprising ‘galena – pyrite sphalerite – quartz’, which is/are the gangue mineral(s)?
A Quartz and pyrite
B. Sphalerite and quartz
C. Galena and sphalerite
D. Only quartz
17. Which of these is a magnesium carbonate ore?
18. Which of these is not an ore mineral of copper?
19. Which of these rocks could be an important source of diamonds?
20. Among the following ores, of which is gossan a characteristics surface indicator?
A. Pyrite – Chalcopyrite
B. Chromite – mabnetite
C. Pyrolusite – psilomelane
D. Clumbite – tantalite
21. Which of the following physical properties characterize galena?
A. Prismatic form
B. Cherry red streak
C. Yellow colour
D. High specific gravity
22. ‘Comb structure with ‘symmetrical banding’ is formed by:
A. Early magmatic process
B. Hydrothermal process
C. Chemical sedimentary process
D. Residual concentration process
23. Malachite and Azurite are characteristics ore minerals of:
A. Gossan zone
B. Zone of oxidation
C. Zone of supergene enrichment
24. Extensive hydrothermal alteration is generally associated with:
A. Stratiform chromite deposit
B. Quartz-pebble conglomerate-hosted gold deposit
C. Superior-type iron deposit
D. Porphyry copper deposit
25. Geiger Müller counter is commonly used for the exploration of:
A. Bauxite deposit
B. Pb-Zn deposit
C. Uranium deposit
D. Iron ore deposit
26. Mineral often referred to as ‘Fool’s gold’ is:
27. Sukinda in Odisha is well-known for deposits of:
28. Economically recoverable quantities of each resources are called:
29. Iron ore of Goa State is mainly of:
C. Blue dust
30. Supergene sulphides enrichment occurs:
A. Above the water table
B. A depth independent of water table
C. Below the water table
D. Both above and below the groundwater table
Other geology Mcqs you may like:
- Economic Geology MCQ with answers 2023
- General Geology MCQ with answers 2023
- Stratigraphy MCQ with answers for IIT JAM 2023
- Structural Geology MCQ with answers for IIT JAM 2023
- Geomorphology MCQ questions with answers 2023
- Molecular Biology lac Operon MCQs with answer 2023
- Petrology MCQ with answers for IIT JAM 2023