You must practice this Chapter-wise or Unit-wise Test Series conducted on www.examflame.com , if you are preparing for IIT JAM Physics 2023, this Test Series is totally and always free for you all. So, anybody can practice this Test Series any time, whenever you want. Through this Test Series Candidates can enhance their preparation and score a very good marks in the final Exam.
In this Test Series you will surely get Unit-wise/Topic-wise Test of Every Chapter For IIT JAM Physics. Practice this test Series completely which strictly obeying the Latest Syllabus of IIT JAM Physics 2023. After completing this Test Series , you will feel More Confident about your Exam. If you find any Question or Answer Wrong then feel free to Correct Us and also have any doubt , let us know in the comment section Below.
Now In this particular Post of IIT JAM Physics Test Series, you will get a test of the topic The Entropy and Second Law of Thermodynamics of Chapter Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics. There are total 15 Questions given below also Answers are attached at the end of the test so that you can verify your answers after completing the test. So, Practice these Questions and Do your Best. Also Solve IIT JAM Physics Previous Year Question Paper. And Don’t Forget to Share with Your Friends.
[Free] IIT JAM Physics Test Series 2023 : Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics- (The Entropy and Second Law of Thermodynamics)
Q1. A thermally ‘insulated box of volume 2V has a partition which divides it into two chambers of equal volume. Each chamber contains He gas at temperature T and pressure P. On removing the partition, the molecules in the two chambers mix with each other. The change in entropy of the system is
- (a) –PV/T ln2
- (b) 0
- (c) PV/T ln2
- (d) 2PV/T ln2
Q2. Which of the following statements is correct?
- (a) a) You can construct an engine operating in cycles, extracting heat Q and performing exactly equivalent work W.
- (b) You can construct an engine operating in cycles extracting heat Q and performing more than equivalent amount of work W.
- (c) You can have an engine operating cyclically such that the entropy remains constant throughout the cycle.
- (d) You cannot construct a cyclically operating engine that will extract heat Q and perform exactly equivalent amount of work W.
Q3. The sole effect of a hypothetical thermodynamic process E1 is to convert an amount Q of heat entirely into work. A second hypothetical process E2 converts an amount W of work entirely into heat. It can be said that the second law of thermodynamics is violated by
- (a) E1 but not E2
- (b) E2 but not E1
- (c) Both E1 and E2
- (d) neither processes
Q4. Which of the following is true?
- (a) In an engine the magnitude of entropy change is larger of the source than at the sink
- (b) When two gases at identical temperature and pressure are mixed, the entropy remains unchanged
- (c) The only case where entropy of the universe stays constant is in the ideal Carnot’s engine
- (d) The efficiency of a refrigerator is more in winters than in summers, assuming that the inside temperature attained in the refrigerator is the same in both cases.
Q5. The internal energy of a system is expressed by function U(S,V) = S4/3 Vα , where α is a constant. The value of α is
- (a) 1
- (b) 1/3
- (c) – 1/3
- (d) 3/4
Q6. The value of entropy at absolute zero of temperature would be
- (a) Zero for all the materials
- (b) Finite for all the materials material
- (c) Zero-for some materials and non-zero for others
- (d) Unpredictable for any material
Q7. Nernst heat theorem is another way of stating
- (a) first law of thermodynamics
- (c) third law of thermodynamics
- (b) second law of thermodynamics
- (d) fourth law of thermodynamics
Q8. Which of the following best describes the relation between isothermal compressibility (κT) and adiabatic compressibility (κs) is
- (a) κT > κs
- (b) κT ≥ κs
- (c) κT < κs
- (d) κT ≤ κs
Q9. A thermally insulated cubical box has two chambers of equal volume. Initially one mole of a mono atomic ideal gas is placed in one of the chambers while the other chamber is kept empty. The gas slowly leaks through a small hole and eventually occupies the whole box. The change in entropy of the gas is given by
- (a) R/ln2
- (b) R ln2
- (c) zero
- (d) 2R
Q10. The change in entropy (in SI units) in an adiabatic free expansion of one mole of an ideal gas, to double its initial volume is
- (a) 5.762
- (b) 0
- (c) 8.314
- (d) 1.38
Q11. Consider a gas contained in a box at pressure P and temperature T having entropy S. If the box is divided into two parts of volume V1 and V2 with corresponding entropies S1 and S2 , then S-(S1+S2) is
- (a) > 0
- (b) < 0
- (c) = 0
- (d) none of these
Q12. The Clausius mathematical statement of the second law of thermodynamics, for an irreversible process is
- (a) ∮ δQ/T ≤ 0
- (b) ∮ δQ/T > 0
- (c) ∮ δQ/T < 0
- (d) ∮ δQ/T = 0
Q13. For any process, the second law ofthermodynamics requires that the change ofentropy ofthe universe be
- (a) positive only
- (b) positive or zero zero only
- (c) zero only
- (d) negative or zero
Q14. A rigid and thermally isolated tank is divided into two compartments of equal volume V, separated by a thin membrane. One compartment contains one mole on an ideal gas A and the other compartment contains one mole of a different ideal gas B . The two gases are in thermal equilibrium at a temperature T. If the membrane ruptures, the two gases mix. Assume that tie gases are chemically inert. The change in the total entropy of the gases on mixing is
- (a) 0
- (b) R ln2
- (c) 3/2 R ln2
- (d) 2R ln2
Q15. Consider a system of N atoms of an ideal gas of type A at temperature T and volume V. It is kept in diffusive contact with another system of N atoms of another ideal gas of type B at the same temperature T and volume V. Once the combined system reaches equilibrium,
- (a) the total entropy of the final system is the same as the sum of the entropy of the individual system always.
- (b) the entropy of mixing is 2NkB ln2.
- (c) the entropy of the final system is less than that of sum of the initial entropies of the two gases
- (d) The entropy of mixing is non-zero when the atoms A and B are of the same type.
|NOTE : – If you need anything else more like e-books, video lectures, syllabus etc regarding your Preparation / Examination then do 📌 mention in the Comment Section below|
Hope you like the test given above for IIT JAM Physics 2023 of Topic – The Entropy and Second Law of Thermodynamics of the Chapter Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics. To get more Information about any exam, Previous Question Papers , Study Material, Book PDF, Notes etc for free, do share the post with your friends and Follow and Join us on other Platforms links are given below to get more interesting information, materials like this.
Answer Key (if you find any answer wrong, feel free to Correct us)
Important Searches & Tags
- iit jam physics test series pdf
- iit jam physics test series free
- physics test series unacademy
- iit jam physics test series
- iit jam mock test 2022 best test series for iit jam physics
- physics by fiziks test series
- iit jam test series free
- ExamFlame iit jam Physics Test Series