IIT JAM Physics Test Series for Free Only On www.examflame.com by which aspirants can make their preparation like a pro Level Student and Every Student can score a very good marks in the final Exams. In this Test Series you will surely get Unit-wise/Topic-wise Test of Every Chapter For IIT JAM Physics. Practice this test Series completely which strictly obeying the Latest Syllabus of IIT JAM Physics 2023. After completing this Test Series , you will feel More Confident about your Exam. If you find any Question or Answer Wrong then feel free to Correct Us and also have any doubt , let us know in the comment section Below.
Now In this Post of IIT JAM Physics Test Series, you will get a test of the topic Crystal Oscillations & Bonding, Band Theory of Chapter Solid State Physics. There are total 15 Questions given below also Answers are attached at the end of the test so that you can verify your answers after completing the test. So, Practice these Questions and Do your Best. Also Solve IIT JAM Physics Previous Year Question Paper. And Don’t Forget to Share with Your Friends.
[Free] IIT JAM Physics Test Series 2023 : Solid State Physics – (Crystal Oscillations & Bonding, Band Theory)
Q1. Which of the following statements is NOT correct ?
- (A) Acoustic branch of diatomic linear chain is similar to the monoatomic case
- (B) Both group velocity and phase velocity are equal to the velocity of sound in the long wavelength limit
- (C) Under the low wavelength limit, the lattice acts as a low pass filter
- (D) Acoustic and optical modes in diatomic lattice cancel each other at the boundary of first Brillouin zone
Q2. In the Kronig-Penney model, the discontinuous in the E vs k curve occur on either side of the centre for a k-value equal to (where n = 1, 2, 3, ….)
- (A) nπ/a
- (B) nπ/2a
- (C) √(nπ/2a)
- (D) (2nπ)/a
Q3. Which of the following statements is correct for NaCl crystal structure?
- (A) It is a simple cubic lattice with one atom basis.
- (B) It is a face-centered cubic lattice with one atom basis
- (C) It is a simple cubic lattice with two atom basis
- (D) It is a face-centered cubic lattice with two atom basis.
Q4. Which of the following is the best technique for measuring the effective mass of an electron in a semiconductor?
- (A) Resistivity measurements
- (B) Cyclotron resonance
- (C) X-rays diffraction experiment
- (D) Millikan’s oil drop experiment
Q5. Which of the following statements is true about the velocity of electron in an energy band ?
- (A) It is constant throughout the band
- (B) It is maximum at the bottom of the band
- (C) It is maximum at the inflection point of the E(k) curve
- (D) It is maximum at the top of the band
Q6. In one-dimensional periodic chain of atom with lattice parameter ‘a’ has first brillouin zone at:
- (A) a
- (B) 2a
- (C) π/a
- (D) 2π/a
Q7. The origin of van der Waal’s interaction in molecular crystal is
- (A) nuclear
- (B) magnetic
- (C) Ionic
- (D) fluctuating dipolar
Q8. In the Kronig-Penney model, electrons are assumed to be moving in
- (A) one-dimensional square well potential
- (B) one-dimensional square well periodic
- (C) potential three-dimensional coulomb
- (D) potential a periodic harmonic potential
Q9. Indicate the false conclusion drawn from the Kronig-Penney model of band theory of
- (A) the energy spectrum consists of a number of allowed energy bands separated by forbidden regions
- (B) the width of allowed energy bands decreases with increasing energy
- (C) the width of a particular energy band decreases with increasing binding energy of the solid
- (D) the total number of possible wave functions in any energy band is equal to the number of unit cells.
Q10. In the expression for bonding force F(r) = (A/rm) – (B/rn) [ n > m, (A, B) = constant) if n takes the value between 7 and 10, the bonding is called as
- (A) lonic
- (B) Covalent
- (C) Metallic
- (D) Dipole
|NOTE : – If you need anything else more like e-books, video lectures, syllabus etc regarding your Preparation / Examination then do 📌 mention in the Comment Section below|
Hope you like the test given above for IIT JAM Physics 2023 of Topic – Crystal Oscillations & Bonding, Band Theory of the Chapter Solid State Physics . To get more Information about any exam, Previous Question Papers , Study Material, Book PDF, Notes etc for free, do share the post with your friends and Follow and Join us on other Platforms links are given below to get more interesting information, materials like this.
Answer Key (if you find any answer wrong, feel free to Correct us)
Important Searches & Tags
- iit jam physics test series pdf
- iit jam physics test series free
- physics test series unacademy
- iit jam physics test series
- iit jam mock test 2022 best test series for iit jam physics
- physics by fiziks test series
- iit jam test series free
- ExamFlame iit jam Physics Test Series