Gate Chemical Engineering Syllabus 2023 download pdf
PDF DOWNLOAD HERE
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for the year 2023 will be conducted in the first week of February 2023 and its online application will be opened soon. So, you can start your GATE 2023 Preparation in advance well with GATE 2023 Syllabus and download it in the PDF format
While checking your GATE 2023 Syllabus, you are advised to understand the GATE 2023 exam pattern, how the paper will be set up and the marking scheme.
IIT Bombay, which is the conducting institute of GATE, will conduct GATE 2023 in online mode in English language.
You must understand that there is negative marking for MCQs which is a part of the question paper whereas there is no negative marking in NAT questions. It allows a better preparation method for success in GATE.
Q.) What are the benefits of qualifying gate ?
Benefits of GATE exam passing
• The GATE score of the candidate is used by several public sector undertakings (PSU) (i.e., government-owned companies like Indian Oil, GAIL, and Hindustan Petroleum etc.
• GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
• Through this you can also elligible to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government organizations like DRDO, BARC, ISRO etc.
what is GATE Exam conducting Pattern ?
If you are preparing for this exam from any subject then first you must know about the complete details of the examination like syllabus, number of Questions ,types of questions etc. to go straight forward towards your goals. There is a fixed pattern of conducting the GATE exam for almost every subjects.
|🔘 Mode of Examination||Online Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|🔘 Exam Duration||3 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|🔘 Section||General Aptitude (GA) + your choosed subject|
|🔘 Total Marks||100|
|🔘 Total Number of questions||10 (GA) + 55 (choosed subject) = 65 Question|
|🔘 Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ);|
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ);
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|🔘 Distribution of Marks in all Papers EXCEPT for papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH, and XL||General Aptitude (15 marks) + Engineering Mathematics (13 marks) + Selected subject (72 marks) = 100 (Total)|
|🔘 Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH, and XL||General Aptitude (15 marks) + Selected subject (85 marks) = 100 (Total)|
|🔘 Marking Scheme|
|1 or 2 marks for the each correct answer|
For 1 mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer;
For 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer;
And for MSQs and NATs there is No any negative marking
》YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
what are the Career Prospects after GATE ?
Once you successfully clear the GATE exam, you open the doors to higher remuneration and prestige in the society, and deserve a coveted position in major PSUs along with attractive perks.
Opportunities after Clearing GATE Exam
So, here is what opportunities will open open to you after qualifying GATE Exam
1. Do Masters from Renowned Institutions : You get a chance to pursue master’s degree from institutes like IIT, IISC or many foreign universities and other top engineering colleges of India . Once you successfully complete your M.Tech degree, you can easily get a salary package ranging from Rs.10,000,00 to Rs.30,000,00. If you have work experience along with a degree, you can also expect a salary range from Rs 500,000 for less than one year to Rs 40,00,000 for more than 20 years of experience. You can apply your skills and knowledge in roles such as Design Engineer, Technical Project Manager, Senior Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer, Software Engineer, Project Manager Engineering and Module Lead. You can also join some of the best brands like UBS, Google, BCG, Ericsson, Amazon, Adobe etc. In addition to this, you also get a scholarship of Rs.8,000 per month while pursuing M.Tech in IIT or IISC or UGC Rs.5,000 per month for M.Tech in any university or college based on your GATE score.
2. PSU JOBs : The 14 major PSUs in India use GATE score as their eligibility criteria. You can easily fulfill your dream of joining a high profile PSU jobs in any of the 14 organizations through your GATE score which include
01. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
02. Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
03. Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited (BHEL)
04. Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL)
05. National Aluminum Company Limited (NACL)
06. National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
07. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
08. Mecon Limited (MECON)
09. Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL)
10. Container Corporation Of India (CONCOR)
11. Power Grid India (PGCIL)
12. Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
13. Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited (HECL)
14. Delhi Development Authority (DDA)
3. MS and PhD : You also have the option of pursuing a Master of Science or considering PhD degrees from reputed national and international universities that accept GATE scores. Alternatively, you can get well-paying engineering jobs that match your interests and expertise.
So, work hard to crack the GATE exam by joining a renowned GATE coaching institute and make your dream come true of studying in IIT, IISC or IIM or getting a reputed PSU or engineering job.
GATE 2023 Syllabus for CE – Topics from Chemical Engineering
Section 1 – Process Calculations and Thermodynamics :
Steady and unsteady state mass and energy balances including multiphase, multicomponent, reacting, and non-reacting systems. Use of tie components; recycle, bypass and purge calculations; Gibb’s phase rule and degree of freedom analysis.
First and Second laws of thermodynamics. Applications of first law to close and open systems. Second law and Entropy. Thermodynamic properties of pure substances: Equation of State and residual properties, properties of mixtures: partial molar properties, fugacity, excess properties and activity coefficients; phase equilibria: predicting VLE of systems; chemical reaction equilibrium.
Section 2 – Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations
Fluid statics, surface tension, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, transport properties, shell-balances including differential form of Bernoulli equation and energy balance, equation of continuity, equation of motion, equation of mechanical energy, Macroscopic friction factors, dimensional analysis and similitude, flow through pipeline systems, velocity profiles, flow meters, pumps and compressors, elementary boundary layer theory, flow past immersed bodies including packed and fluidized beds, Turbulent flow: fluctuating velocity, universal velocity profile and pressure drop.
Particle size and shape, particle size distribution, size reduction and classification of solid particles; free and hindered settling; centrifuge and cyclones; thickening and classification, filtration, agitation and mixing; conveying of solids.
Section 3 – Heat Transfer
Equation of energy, steady and unsteady heat conduction, convection and radiation, thermal boundary layer and heat transfer coefficients, boiling, condensation and evaporation; types of heat exchangers and evaporators and their process calculations; design of double pipe, shell and tube heat exchangers, and single and multiple effect evaporators.
Section 4 – Mass Transfer
Fick’s laws, molecular diffusion in fluids, mass transfer coefficients, film, penetration and surface renewal theories; momentum, heat and mass transfer analogies; stage-wise and continuous contacting and stage efficiencies; HTU & NTU concepts; design and operation of equipment for distillation, absorption, leaching, liquid-liquid extraction, drying, humidification, dehumidification and adsorption, membrane separations(microfiltration, ultra-filtration, nano-filtration and reverse osmosis).
Section 5 – Chemical Reaction Engineering
Theories of reaction rates; kinetics of homogeneous reactions, interpretation of kinetic data, single and multiple reactions in ideal reactors, kinetics of enzyme reactions (Michaelis-Menten and Monod models), non-ideal reactors; residence time distribution, single parameter model; non-isothermal reactors; kinetics of heterogeneous catalytic reactions; diffusion effects in catalysis; rate and performance equations for catalyst deactivation.
Section 5 – Instrumentation and Process Control
Measurement of process variables; sensors and transducers; P&ID equipment symbols; process modeling and linearization, transfer functions and dynamic responses of various systems, systems with inverse response, process reaction curve, controller modes (P, PI, and PID); control valves; transducer dynamics; analysis of closed loop systems including stability, frequency response, controller tuning, cascade and feed forward control.
Section 8 – Plant Design and Economics
Principles of process economics and cost estimation including depreciation and total annualized cost, cost indices, rate of return, payback period, discounted cash flow, optimization in process design, and sizing of chemical engineering equipments such as heat exchangers and multistage contactors.
Section 9 – Chemical Technology
Inorganic chemical industries (sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid, chlor-alkali industry), fertilizers (Ammonia, Urea, SSP and TSP); natural products industries (Pulp and Paper, Sugar, Oil, and Fats); petroleum refining and petrochemicals; polymerization industries (polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC and polyester synthetic fibers).
GATE 2023 Syllabus for Chemical Engineering – Topics from Engineering Mathematics
Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
Calculus: Functions of single variable, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Taylor series, Mean value theorem, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Maxima and minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
Differential equations: First order equations (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Laplace transforms, Solutions of one-dimensional heat and wave equations and Laplace equation.
Complex variables: Complex number, polar form of complex numbers, triangle Inequality.
Probability and Statistics: Definitions of probability and sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distributions, Linear regression analysis.
Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations. Integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule. Single and multi-step methods for numerical solution of differential equations.
GATE Chemical Engineering (CE) Syllabus 2023 :-
Before starting the exam preparation for GATE CE, it is advisable to check the syllabus so that you can plan the revision accordingly. You can download the syllabus for GATE CE in PDF format by clicking on the link below –
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (CH) GATE 2023 SYLLABUS
NOTE : – If you need anything else more like ebooks, video lectures, syllabus etc regarding your Preperation / Examination then do mention in the Comment Section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – About GATE 2023 EXAM
What is the purpose of GATE exam ?
Answer : The purpose of this GATE exam is to test students knowledge and understanding of their under Graduate level subjects in Engineering and Science.
Is there any percentage (%) criteria for GATE ?
minimum 50% marks is required to be eligible for the GATE exam.
How many attempts are there for gate?
There is No any Restriction on the number of GATE exam attempts. One can enroll and appear for the exam as many times as they want.
Is there any age limt in GATE 2023 ?
No, there is no any age limit in the GATE Examination .
What is the minimum CGPA required for GATE ?
The minimum CGPA required is 8.5 for GATE .
》IMPORTANT KEYWORDS AND TAGS :-
01. IIT Kharagpur GATE 2023 syllabus
02. GATE syllabus Mechanical
03. GATE Syllabus CSE
04. GATE 2023 notification
05. GATE 2023 syllabus for CSE PDF download
06. GATE 2023 syllabus for Civil Engineering
07. GATE 2023 syllabus
08. GATE 2023 official website
09. GATE Physics QUESTION PAPERS with solutions pdf fiziks
10. GATE Physics Previous Year Papers book
11. Last 15 years GATE papers with Solutions
12. Chapterwise GATE Physics Solved Papers pdf
13. GATE Physics Question Paper 2022
14. GATE 2022 Physics question Paper with solution PDF
15. GATE Physics Question Pattern
16. GATE Question Paper
17. GATE previous year Question Papers with solutions for CSE subject wise
18. GATE pyq MADE EASY
19. Rbr GATE lectures free download
20. GATE pyq Mechanical
21. GATE CSE Question bank
22. GATE Question Paper for CSE with solutions PDF Free download
23. GATE pyq book
24. What is the purpose of GATE exam ?
25. Who is eligible for GATE exam ?
26. What is GATE exam full deatails ?
27. How many attempts are there for gate?
28. What is the fees of GATE exam?
29. Is Gate tougher than Jee?
30. Is GATE exam useful for jobs?
31. Can I give Gate in 2 subjects?
32. What is the syllabus of gate?
33. What is the salary after gate?
34. Is Gate compulsory for government jobs?
35. What is a good gate score?
36. Does 12th marks matter in gate?
37. How much CGPA is required for gate?
38. What is Gate age limit?
39. GATE exam age limit
40. What is GATE exam eligibility
41. GATE exam form
42. What is GATE Exam in Hindi
43. What is GATE exam syllabus
44. GATE exam is for what purpose
45. What is the use of GATE exam
46. What is GATE exam quora