Geology MCQ Questions | Geology MCQ for competitive exams | General Geology MCQ | Geology MCQs with answers | Engineering Geology quiz | Geology Practice test | Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf |Geology Objective Questions in Hindi | Geology questions and answers | iit jam Geology mcq
Here is a compilation of Free General Geology MCQs for practice . It consists of IIT jam Geology Multiple Choice Questions from the topic General with Answer Key. These questions can be very useful for the preparation of all the competitive examinations in Geology / Biological Sciences such as IIT JAM, CSIR JRF NET, GATE and other University M.Sc & Ph.D Entrance Examinations. So, you can test yourself HERE.
General Geology MCQs with answers (Part 01) 2022 for IIT JAM, CSIR JRF NET, GATE and other University M.Sc & Ph.D Entrance Examinations
We have compiled the Generral MCQs with answers 2022 for the Candidates / Students who are preparing for IIT JAM, CSIR JRF NET, GATE and other University M.Sc & Ph.D Entrance Examinations. Practice General Geology MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers which is very important for students who want to score good marks in their respective examinations.
There are some General Geology MCQs with answers given below So , attempt these MCQs and test yourself ….
1. Which amongst the following planets has the highest number of known satellites ?
2. S-wave is terminated at:
A Crust-Mantle boundary
B. Lithosphere-Asthenosphere boundary
C. Mantle-Core boundary
D. Inner and Outer core boundary
3. Arrange the elements Fe, O, H, He, Si in decreasing order of their abundance in the solar system.
A. H > He > O > Si > Fe
B. He > H > Si > O > Fe
C. H > He > O > Fe > Si
D. Si > Fe > H > He > O
4. The mechanism of plate movement is thought to be driven by:
B. Earth’s rotation
C. Thermal convection cells
D. Polar wandering
5. Hawaii island has its origin from:
A. Subducting plate
C. Plate collision
D. All of the above
6. Most abundant element in the earth crust is :
7. Instrument for recording earthquake wave is called :
8. The cosmic ray intensity is minimum at the magnetic :
B. North pole
C. South pole
D. Tropic of cancer
9. What powers the Earth’s internal heat engine ?
A. Solar energy
B. Ocean tides
10. Oxygen built up in the Earth’s atmosphere is caused by:
A. Formation of ocean in early history of Earth
B. Algae and other organisms employed photosynthesis
C. Oxygen settled on Earth from planets further from the sun
D. Rocks weathered and released their oxygen.
11. Increased concentration of which of the following may cause maximum global warming?
C. Carbon dioxide
D. Water vapour
12. Global warming may lead to increased sea level as a result of :
A Melting of ice-caps
B. Thermal expansion of sea water
C. Both A. and B.
D. Isostatic rebound
13. Three major orbit ally forced cyclicities (-100 kyr, 40 kyr, -22 kyr) in the climatic changes on Earth are termed as:
A. Milankovitch cycle
B. Turner cycle
C. Glieesberg cycle
D. Wilson cycle
14. Ozone layer in Earth’s atmosphere, is confined to:
15. The most abundant element in the Earth’s crust is:
16. The internal structure of the Earth down up tothe core, has been explored with the help of:
C. Both P- and S-waves
17. We get Lehmann discontinuity at an approximate depth of:
A 100 km
B. 750 km
C. 450 km
D. 220 km
18. Maximum damage in the event of an earth quake is caused by:
D. All of the above
19. A negative gravity anomaly indicates:
A. An excess of mass
B. A deficiency in mass
C. A reversal of the gravitational field
D. None of these
20. To qualify as a desert, a region must be:
A. Hot, with a mean annual temperature greater than 25°C (77°F)
B. Arid, with less han 15% or the ground surface vegetated
C. Both hot and arid
D. Either hot or arid
Hope the information shed above regarding General Geology MCQs with answers 2022 for IIT JAM, CSIR JRF NET, GATE and other University M.Sc & Ph.D Entrance Examinations . If you have any other queries , feel free to reach us so that we can revert back to us at the earliest possible.
And if any answer is wrong then feel free to correct us 🤗.
These are some RECOMMENDED Best Books for your preparation , Buy from below the hard copy at the affordable prices : –
Advantages of practicing MCQs QUESTIONS
- By practicing the Questions from any practice book or online HERE or last years questions Papers, you’ll be able to understand the Syllabus and Pattern of the respective exam.
- By solving the Problems / Questions, you’ll find an idea about the questions that what kind of questions were asked and what kind of questions can be asked.
- Also By continuous practicing of the Problems , you’ll be able to rectify your sharpness, accuracy, capacity and also time management skills.
IMPORTANT SEARCHES AND TAGS
- Geology MCQ Questions PDF
- Geology MCQ for competitive exams
- Exploration Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQs with answers PDF
- Geology mcq examveda
- Photo Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQ indiabix
- Mining Geology MCQ PDF
- Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf
- Geology MCQ book
- Structure or form which depicts leaf-like sheets is
- Geology Practice test
- Geological map mcq
- Geology Objective Questions in Hindi
- Geology questions and answers
- Engineering Geology viva Questions
- Engineering Geology quiz