Are you searching for NEB class 12 syllabus 2078 ? Then Stop Searching now because in this post , ExamFlame elaborates the Syllabus as well as provide you to Download NEB Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2078 PDF free. This is the Latest Syllabus of Physics prescribed by Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal for Class 12.
In the final exam , this Physics Paper will be of 100 marks which contains both theory as well as practical Questions where theory section is of 75 marks out of 100 marks and the remaining 25 marks is carrying by Practical section, through which you have to score minimum 27 marks in theory and 8 marks in practical to Qualify the Paper.
Unit-1 Waves and Optics
- Wave Motion- Wave motion; Longitudinal and transverse waves; Progressive and stationary waves; Mathematical description of a wave.
- Mechanical Waves- Speed of wave motion; Velocity of sound in solid and liquid; Velocity of sound in gas; Laplace’s correction; Effect of temperature, pressure, humidity on velocity of sound.
- Wave in Pipes and Strings- Stationery waves in closed and open pipes; Harmonics and overtones in closed and open organ pipes; End correction in pipes; Resonance Tube experiment; Velocity of transverse waves along a stretched string; Vibration of string and overtones; Laws of vibration of fixed string.
- Acoustic Phenomena- Sound waves: Pressure amplitude; Characteristics of sound: Intensity; loudness, quality and pitch; Beats; Doppler’s effect; Infrasonic and ultrasonic waves; Noise pollution: Sources, health hazard and control.
- Nature and Propagation of Light- Nature and sources of light; Electromagnetic spectrum; Huygen’s principle, Reflection and Refraction according to wave theory; Velocity of light: Foucault’s method; Michelson’s method.
- Interference- Phenomenon of Interferences; Coherent sources; Young’s two slit experiment; Newton’s ring
- Diffraction- Diffraction from a single slit; Diffraction pattern of image; Diffraction grating; Resolving power of optical instruments
- Polarization- Phenomenon of polarization; Brewster’s law; transverse nature of light; Polaroid
Unit-2 Electricity and Magnetism
- D.C. Circuit- Electric Currents; Drift velocity and its relation with current; Ohm’s law; Electrical Resistance; Resistivity; Conductivity; Super conductors; Perfect Conductors; Current-voltage relations; Ohmic and Non-Ohmic resistance; Resistances in series and parallel, Potential Divider, Conversion of galvanometer into voltmeter and ammeter,Ohmmeter; Electromotive force: Emf of a source, internal resistance; Work and power in electrical circuits; Joule’s law and its verification.
- Electrical Circuits- Kirchhoffs laws; Wheatstone bridge circuit; P.O.Box, Meter Bridge; Potentiometer; Comparison of e.m.f’s., measurement of internal resistance of a cell.
- Thermoelectric Effect- Seebeck Effect; Thermocouples, Peltier effect: Variation of thermoelectric emf with temperature, Thermopile, Thomson effects.
- Chemical Effect of Current- Faraday’s laws of electrolysis; Faraday’s constant, Verification of Faraday laws of electrolysis.
》Magnetic Field of Current
- Magnetic Field– Magnetic field lines and magnetic flux; Oersted’s experiment; Force on moving charge, Force on Conductor; Force and Torque on rectangular coil, Moving coil galvanometer; Hall effect; Magnetic field of a moving charge; Biot and Savart law and its application to (i) a circular coil (ii)a long straight conductor (iii) a long solenoid; Ampere’s law and its application to (i) a long straight conductor (ii) a straight solenoid (iii) a toroidal solenoid; Forces between two parallel conductors carrying current- definition of ampere. LH14
- Magnetic Properties of Materials– Elements of earth magnetism and their variation; Dip and Dip circle; Flux density in magnetic material; Relative permeability; Susceptibility; Hysteresis, Dia,-Para- and Ferro-magnetic materials.
- Electromagnetic Induction- Faraday’s laws; Induced electric fields; Lenz’s law, Motional electromotive force; AC generators; eddy currents; Self inductance and Mutual inductance; Energy stored in an inductor; Transformer.
- Alternating Currents- Peak and RMS Value of AC current and Voltages, AC through resistor, capacitor and inductor; Phasor diagram, Series circuits containing combination of resistor, capacitor and inductor; Series Resonance, Quality factor; Power in AC circuits: Power factor; choke coil.
Unit-3 Modern Physics
- Electrons and Photons- Electrons: Milikan’s oil drop experiment, Gaseous discharge at various pressure; Cathode rays, Motion of electron beam in electric and magnetic fields; Thomson’s experiment to determine specific charge of electrons. Photons: Quantum nature of radiation; Einstein’s photoelectric equation; Stopping potential; Measurement of Plank’s constant, Milikan’s experiment
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices- Structure of solids; Energy bands in solids (qualitative ideas only); Difference between metals, insulators and semi-conductors using band theory; Intrinsic and extrinsic semi-conductors; P-N Junction; Semiconductor diode: Characteristics in forward and reverse bias; Full wave rectification; Filter circuit; Zener diode; Transistor: Common emitter characteristics, Logic gates; NOT, OR, AND, NAND and NOR., Nanotechnology (introductory idea)
- Quantization of Energy- Bohr’s theory of hydrogen atom; Spectral series; Excitation and ionization potentials; Energy level; Emission and absorption spectra, De Broglie Theory; Duality; Uncertainly principle. Lasers: He- Ne laser, Nature and production, properties and uses. X-rays: Nature and production; uses: X-rays, X-rays diffraction, Bragg’s law.
- Nuclear Physics- Nucleus: Discovery of nucleus; Nuclear density; Mass number; Atomic number; Atomic mass; Isotopes; Einstein’s mass-energy relation, Mass Defect; Binding energy; Fission and fusion.
- Radioactivity- Alpha-particles; Beta-particles, Gamma rays; Laws of radioactive disintegration; Half-life and decay constant; Geiger-Muller Tube; Radio carbon dating; Medical use of nuclear radiation; Health hazards and safety precautions.
- Nuclear Energy and Other Sources of Energy- Sources of energy; Conservation and degradation of energy; Transformation of energy. Nuclear energy: Energy released from fission and fusion; Thermal and Hydroelectric power; Wind energy; Biofuels; Solar energy; Solar constant; Solar devices; Global energy consumption pattern and demands; Energy use in Nepal. Fuels and pollution: Global Warming; Acid rain.
- Particle Physics and Cosmology- Particles and antiparticles, Quarks and Leptons, baryons, mesons. Universe- Hubble law; Big Bang; Critical density; Dark matter
|NOTE : – If you need anything else more like e-books, video lectures, syllabus etc regarding your Preparation / Examination then do 📌 mention in the Comment Section below.|
Hope you like the Latest Nepal Grade 12 Physics Syllabus elaborated above . For more Syllabus, Books and information like this turn on the notification of our website Examflame.com , to get regular update, Important Information and various Study materials regarding your Exams. Also if you have any doubt, then feel free to comment below in the comment section.
IMPORTANT SEARCHES & TAGS
- syllabus of physics class 12 neb 2078
- class 12 physics syllabus
- class 12 physics new syllabus nepal
- neb syllabus for class 12 science physics pdf
- neb class 12 physics syllabus 2022
- neb syllabus for class 12 science 2078
- class 11 physics syllabus nepal 2077
- class 11 physics syllabus nepal pdf