Petrology MCQ Questions | Geology MCQ Questions | Geology MCQ for competitive exams | Petrology MCQ | Geology MCQs with answers | Engineering Geology quiz | Geology Practice test | Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf |Geology Objective Questions in Hindi | Geology questions and answers | iit jam Geology mcq
Here is a compilation of Free Petrology Geology MCQs for practice . It consists of IIT JAM Geology Multiple Choice Questions from the topic Petrology with Answer Key. These questions can be very useful for the preparation of all the competitive examinations in Geology / Biological Sciences such as IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations . So, HERE you can test yourself.
Petrology MCQs with answers 2022 for IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations
We have compiled the Petrology MCQs with answers 2022 for the Candidates / Students who are preparing for IIT JAM, CSIR JRF NET, GATE and other University M.Sc & Ph.D Entrance Examinations. Practice Petrology MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers which is very important for students who want to score good marks in their respective examinations.
There are some Petrology MCQs with answers given below So , attempt these MCQs and test yourself ….
1. A sandstone with less than 15% matrix content is known as:
2. The mineral coesite is expected to be stable in which of the following metamorphic facies?
3. A dolerite dyke metamorphosed under amphibolite facies condition is expected to have the mineral assemblage:
A. Chlorite + Actinolite + Albite
B. Lawsonite + Glaucophane + Epidote
C. Orthopyroxene + Clinopyroxene + Plagioclase
D. Hornblende + Plagioclase
4. Which of the following statements related to depositional environments is/are correct?
A. Herringbone cross-stratification indicates glacio-fluvial environment
B. Dune is characterized by the presence of finer-grains at the top and coarser-grains at the bottom
C. Dropstone is of glacial origin
D. Bouma sequence indicates turbidite deposit
5. Which of the following sedimentary structure could be used for determination top and bottom?
A. Planer cross bedding
B. Asymetrical ripple marks
C. Symmetrical ripple marks
D. None of the above
6. Which of the following sedimentary environments oscillation ripples are formed?
C. Deep sea
7. Which of the following is in decreasing order of particle size?
A. Sandstone, siltstone, conglomerate
B. Sandstone, conglomerate, siltstone
C. Conglomerate, sandstone, siltstone
D. Siltstone, sandstone, conglomerate
8. Graded bedding is the result of deposition by:
B. Blowing wind
C. Moving ice
D. Turbidity currents
9. Choose the correct sequence of the deformation nd metamorphism:
A. Shale, slate, schist, phyllite, gneiss
B. Shale, slate, phyllite, schist, gneiss
C. Slate, shale, phyllite, schist, gneiss
D. Slate, shale, schist, phyllite, gneiss
10. Andesites on an average are intermediate in composition between:
A. Syenites and gabbros
B. Basalt and gabbros
C. Rhyolites and Trachytes
D. Anorthosite and Tjolites..
11. TTGs may form due to:
A. Subducting slab melting
B. Mantle wedge melting
C. Melting of mafic crust
D. Both A&C
12. Which of the following pair of rock and eruptive setting is correctly matched?
A Schoshonite – Active continental margin
B. Carbonatite – Ocean island
C. Boninite – Greenstone belt
D. Trachyte – Ocean-continent collision
13. Which of the following Transition Element is incompatible in basalt?
14. Dacite is a volcanic equivalent of:
15. A rocks derived from the primary basaltic magma is characterized by:
A. Occurrence of olivine and clinopyroxene
B. Absence of olivine and feldspathoid
C. Presence of clinopyroxene and quartz
D. Presence of feldspar and quartz
16. Palaeoproterozoic rocks found in the Himalayan fold belt are suggestive of:
A. Continental Fragmentation
B. Suture zone
C. Continent-continent collision
D. Sea-floor spreading
17. Coarse grained gneissose rock rich in hype sthene is called:
18. Kimberlite is a:
B. Igneous rocks
C. Sedimentary rock
D. Metamorphic rock
19. As compared with metamorphism, diagenesi is……..
A. Means exactly the same thing
B. Takes place at lower temperature and pressures
C. Takes place at higher temperature and pressures
D. Takes place at greater depth that are well within the mantle
20. If water is the transport medium of sediment, the grain size of sedimentary deposits most closely indicates the:
A. Geographic extent of the weathering source rock at outcrop
B. Average velocity of the water from the time of erosion until deposition
C. Velocity of the water at the moment the sediment settled to the bottom
D. Velocity of water when it keeps sediment in suspension
21. A lenticular clast-supported conglomerate with a(t) b(i) clast imbrication is interpreted as the product of:
A Debris flow
B. Turbidity current
C. Channel lag
D. Hyperconcentrated flow
22. One can expect precipitation of dominant carbonate mineralogy from saturated sea water when Co, pressure in atmosphere becomes high.
A. Low-Mg calcite and aragonite
B. High-Mg calcite
C. High-Mg calcite and aragonite
D. High-Mg calcite and dolomite
23. Syneresis cracks are:
A. A form of desiccation crack
B. A type of trace fossil
C. Subaquous shrinkage cracks
D. A type of penecontemporaneous deformation feature
24. Occurrence of ferroan calcite cement in a carbonate rock is indicator of:
A. Sea floor diagenesis
B. Vadose diagenesis
C. Phreatic diagenesis
D. Deep-burial diagenesis
25. A cross-stratified sandstone bed is a:
A. Isochronous unit
B. Time-diachronous unit
C. Suspension deposit
D. None of the above
26. Syn-sedimentary deformation structures are a
A. Low sedimentation
B. High sedimentation
C. Marine transgression
D. Marine regression
27. A sedimentary rock included fossils of two species that are known to have lived between 480-430 and 450-250 million years ago. What could be the age of the rock?
A. 445 million years
B. 480 million years
C. 250 million years
D. 410 million years
28. Most robust radiomatric dating method that is ; used to date a Precambrian granite is:
29. The rock characterized by pronounced negative ‘Eu’ anomaly is:
C. TTG suite of rocks
D. Lunar basalt
30. Andesitic rocks form in:
A. Continent-Continent collision
B. Ocean-Continent collision
C. Ocean-Ocean collision
D. Continental rift
Hope the information shed above regarding Petrology MCQs with answers 2022 for IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations . If you have any other queries , feel free to reach us so that we can revert back to us at the earliest possible.
And if any answer is wrong then feel free to correct us 🤗.
These are some RECOMMENDED Best Books for your preparation , Buy from below the hard copy at the affordable prices : –
Advantages of practicing MCQs QUESTIONS
- By practicing the Questions from any practice book or online HERE or last years questions Papers, you’ll be able to understand the Syllabus and Pattern of the respective exam.
- By solving the Problems / Questions, you’ll find an idea about the questions that what kind of questions were asked and what kind of questions can be asked.
- Also By continuous practicing of the Problems , you’ll be able to rectify your sharpness, accuracy, capacity and also time management skills.
IMPORTANT SEARCHES AND TAGS
- Petrology mcq questions
- Geology MCQ Questions PDF
- Geology MCQ for competitive exams
- Exploration Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQs with answers PDF
- Geology mcq examveda
- Photo Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQ indiabix
- Mining Geology MCQ PDF
- Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf
- Geology MCQ book
- Structure or form which depicts leaf-like sheets is
- Geology Practice test
- Geological map mcq
- Geology Objective Questions in Hindi
- Geology questions and answers
- Engineering Geology viva Questions
- Engineering Geology quiz
- Iit jam GEOLOGY study material