Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Solid State PHYSICS (Semiconductor) MCQs Practice Questions for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc. Candidates can practice free MCQs . At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference. So, you can test yourself HERE.
Solid State PHYSICS (Semiconductor) MCQs Practice Questions for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc…
Solid State PHYSICS (Semiconductor) MCQs Practice Questions with Answers is very important for students who want to score good marks in their examinations like IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc.
We have compiled the MCQs Questions for the Candidates / Students who are preparing for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc. Practice Solid State PHYSICS (Semiconductor) MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers on a daily basis and score well in exams.
There are some Solid State Physics (Semiconductor) MCQs with answers given below So , attempt these Solid State Physics (Semiconductor) MCQs and test yourself , at the last correct and incorrect answers will be highlighted.
#1. Consider a doped semiconductor having the electron and the hole mobilities μ and μ’ , respectively. Its intrinsic carrier density is n. The hole concentration p for which the conductivity is minimum at a given temperture
#2. In experiment, the resistance of a rectangular slab of a scmiconductor is measured as a function of temperature. The semiconductor shows a resistance of 300Ω at 200K and 2Ω at 250 K. Its energy band gap is [Given: ln(15)=2.708, ln(10)=2.303]
#3. In a pn junction, dopant concentration on the p-side is higher than that on the n-side. Which of the following statement(s) is incorrect, when the junction is unbiased?
#4. For a pure germanium semiconductor cooled in liquid nitrogen, theaverage density of conduction eletrons is about n = 10^12 per cm^3. At this temperature the clectron and hole mobilities are cqual and have the common value 5.0 × 10 cm^2/V/s . If a potential of 100V is applicd across a 1 cm cube of this cooled germanium sample, the current observed can be estimatcd as
#5. An clectron makes a transition from the valence band to the conduction band in an indirect band gap semiconductor. Which ofthc following is NOT true ?
#6. The net charge of an n-type semiconductor is
#7. In intrinsic germanium at room temperature the numbers of
#8. Indicate the false statement about the semiconductors
#9. Energy band gap size for semiconductors is in the ranges
#10. According to Hall effect ifa conducting materials is placed in a uniform magnetic field and a currant is passed, voltage is found to develop at:
#11. Indicate the false statement about the semiconductors
#12. The Fermi level in an n-type semiconductor at 0 °K
#13. A silicon sample is uniformly doped with10^16 phosphorus atoms/cm^3 and 2x10^16 boron atoms/cm^3. If all the dopants are fully ionized, the material is
#14. A silicon wafer of thickness 200 μm is doped with 10^23 phosphorus atoms per m^3 . If the sample is kept in a field of 0.2 Weber/m^2 and a current of 1 mA is passed through the sample, the Hall voltage produced is
#15. The energy gap of Indium (In) which starts superconducting at 3.4 K is
#16. The effective mass of an electron in a semiconductor
#17. Which one of the following is not correct statement about semiconductors?
#18. The Hall coeficient of a Si wafer was found to be -7.35 × 10^-5 m^3/C in the temperature range from l00K to 400 K. The type of charge carrier and the approximate value of carrier density respectively are
Hope the information shed above regarding Semiconductor MCQ Questions with answers of Solid State for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc… . If you have any other queries of Solid State Physics (Semiconductor) MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, feel free to reach us so that we can revert back to us at the earliest possible.
And if any answer is wrong then feel free to correct us 🤗.
Advantages of practicing IIT JAM Physics QUESTIONS
- By practicing the IIT JAM Physics Questions from any practice book or last years questions Papers, you’ll be able to understand the IIT JAM Physics Exam Syllabus and Pattern.
- By solving the IIT JAM physics Problems / Questions, you’ll find an idea about the questions that what kind of questions were asked and what kind of questions can be asked.
- Also By continuous practicing of the IIT JAM Physics Problems , you’ll be able to rectify your sharpness, accuracy, capacity and also time management skills.
How can I start preparing for IIT JAM for Physics ?
Step-wise IIT JAM Physics 2022 Preparation Plan
Aspirants should check the following steps to start with the preparation process of IIT JAM 2022.
- Step 1 : Know the IIT JAM 2022 syllabus thoroughly.
- Step 2 : Understand the IIT JAM exam pattern and marking scheme.
- Step 3 : Get the best books to study for IIT JAM and other study material.
- Step 4 : Make a monthly time-table, a weekly time-table, and a daily time-table.
- Step 5 : Solve past years’ question papers, sample papers, and mock tests.
These are some RECOMMENDED Best Books for you IIT JAM preparation , Buy from below the hard copy at the affordable prices : –
Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics Important Topics for IIT JAM PHYSICS
There are some important topics of Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics for IIT JAM PHYSICS preperation are listed below : –
- Crystal structure
- Bravais lattices and basis
- Miller indices
- X-ray diffraction and Bragg’s law
- Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors
- variation of resistivity with temperature
- Fermi level.p-n junction diode, I-V characteristics
- Zener diode and its applications
- BJT: characteristics in CB, CE, CC modes
- Single stage amplifier, two stage R-C coupled amplifiers.
- Simple Oscillators: Barkhausen condition, sinusoidal oscillators.
- OPAMP and applications: Inverting and non-inverting amplifier.
- Boolean algebra: Binary number systems; conversion from one system to another system; binary addition and subtraction.
- Logic Gates AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR exclusive OR; Truth tables; combination of gates;
- de Morgan’s theorem.
IIT JAM Physics Books to Read for Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics Preparation 2022
Books that aspirants should consider reading for the topic, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, are as mentioned below:
|Name of Book||Author|
|Solid State Physics||Puri & Babbar|
|Solid State Physics||SO Pillai|
IMPORTANT SEARCHES AND TAGS
- IIT JAM Physics
- IIT JAM solid State physics questions
- IIT JAM Physics topic wise objective questions
- Iit JAM physics MCQ Test
- Iit jam physics study material
- Solid State PHYSICS practice questions
- Solid State PHYSICS IIT jam study material
- Solid State PHYSICS MCQ
- Iit jam mcq
- Ssp mcq
- Solid State IIT jam practice questions
- Solid State IIT jam mcq