Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of Solid State PHYSICS (Thermal Properties) MCQs Practice Questions for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc. Candidates can practice free MCQs . At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference. So, you can test yourself HERE.
Solid State PHYSICS (Thermal Properties) MCQs Practice Questions for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc.
Solid State PHYSICS (Thermal Properties) MCQs Practice Questions with Answers is very important for students who want to score good marks in their examinations like IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc.
We have compiled the The Solid State Physics (Thermal Properties) MCQs Questions for the Candidates / Students who are preparing for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc. Practice Solid State PHYSICS (Thermal Properties) MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers on a daily basis and score well in exams.
There are some Solid State Physics (Thermal Properties) MCQs with answers given below So , attempt these Solid State Physics (Thermal Properties) MCQs and test yourself , at the last correct and incorrect answers will be highlighted.
#1. In two dimensions two metals A and B, have the number density of free electrons in the ratio n:m =1:2. The ratio of their Fermi energies is
#2. Fermi energy of a certain metal M is 5 eV. A second metal M’ has an electron density which is 6% higher than that of M. Assuming that the free electron theory is valid for both the metals, the Fermi energy of M’ is closest to
#3. Temperature dependence of resistivity of a metal can be described by
#4. Which one of the following schematic curves best represents the variation of conductivity o of a metal with temperature T ?
#5. The Dulong-Petit law fails near room temperature (300 K) for many light clements (such as boron and beryllium) because their Debye temperature is
#6. What is the contribution of the condition electrons in the molar entropy of a metal with electronic coefficient of specific heat ?
#7. According to Dulong-Petit’s law, the specific heat of a solid
#8. The Debye temperature of a metal is 450 K. Its Debye frequency in Hz is of the order of
#9. Debye temperatures of copper and gold are 340K and 170K, respectively. At room temperature, if the specific heat for copper is 1.5 kJmol^-1K^-1, the specific heat for gold is about:
#10. The Fermi energy ε in metals depends on the number density n of mobile electrons, which may be thought of as a free Fermi gas. If n of one metal is larger by a factor of 1000 compared to another, then in comparison, its Fermi energy is
#11. Flow of electron is affected by which of the following:
#12. Fermi energy level for intrinsic semiconductors lies:
#13. The Fermi energy of silver is 5.51 electron volt. The average energy of the free electrons in silver at 0 °K is given by
#14. Which of the following statements concerning the electrical conductivities at room temperature of apure copper sample and a pure silicon sample is NOT true ?
#15. In the Kronig-Penney model, clectrons are assumed to be moving in
#16. The general expression for the Fermi energy of a metal at 0°K (if n is the number of free clectrons/m^3) is
#17. Electrical conductivity of insulators is in the range:
#18. If Fermi energy of electrons in a metal at some temperature T is 5.5 eV. the average electron energy at same temperature will be given by
#19. Fermi level represents the energy level with probability of its occupation of
#20. The maximum possible decrease in energy during the grain-growth of copper, where the grain boundary energy is 0.5 Jm^-2 and the initial grain-diameter is 0.3 mm, is as follows:
Hope the information shed above regarding Magnetic Properties of Solid MCQ Questions with answers of Solid State for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc… . If you have any other queries of Solid State Physics (Thermal Properties) MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, feel free to reach us so that we can revert back to us at the earliest possible.
And if any answer is wrong then feel free to correct us 🤗.
Advantages of practicing IIT JAM Physics QUESTIONS
- By practicing the IIT JAM Physics Questions from any practice book or last years questions Papers, you’ll be able to understand the IIT JAM Physics Exam Syllabus and Pattern.
- By solving the IIT JAM physics Problems / Questions, you’ll find an idea about the questions that what kind of questions were asked and what kind of questions can be asked.
- Also By continuous practicing of the IIT JAM Physics Problems , you’ll be able to rectify your sharpness, accuracy, capacity and also time management skills.
How can I start preparing for IIT JAM for Physics ?
Step-wise IIT JAM Physics 2022 Preparation Plan
Aspirants should check the following steps to start with the preparation process of IIT JAM 2022.
- Step 1 : Know the IIT JAM 2022 syllabus thoroughly.
- Step 2 : Understand the IIT JAM exam pattern and marking scheme.
- Step 3 : Get the best books to study for IIT JAM and other study material.
- Step 4 : Make a monthly time-table, a weekly time-table, and a daily time-table.
- Step 5 : Solve past years’ question papers, sample papers, and mock tests.
These are some RECOMMENDED Best Books for you IIT JAM preparation , Buy from below the hard copy at the affordable prices : –
Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics Important Topics for IIT JAM PHYSICS
There are some important topics of Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics for IIT JAM PHYSICS preperation are listed below : –
- Crystal structure
- Bravais lattices and basis
- Miller indices
- X-ray diffraction and Bragg’s law
- Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors
- variation of resistivity with temperature
- Fermi level.p-n junction diode, I-V characteristics
- Zener diode and its applications
- BJT: characteristics in CB, CE, CC modes
- Single stage amplifier, two stage R-C coupled amplifiers.
- Simple Oscillators: Barkhausen condition, sinusoidal oscillators.
- OPAMP and applications: Inverting and non-inverting amplifier.
- Boolean algebra: Binary number systems; conversion from one system to another system; binary addition and subtraction.
- Logic Gates AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR exclusive OR; Truth tables; combination of gates;
- de Morgan’s theorem.
IIT JAM Physics Books to Read for Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics Preparation 2022
Books that aspirants should consider reading for the topic, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, are as mentioned below:
|Name of Book||Author|
|Solid State Physics||Puri & Babbar|
|Solid State Physics||SO Pillai|
IMPORTANT SEARCHES AND TAGS
- IIT JAM Physics
- IIT JAM solid State physics questions
- IIT JAM Physics topic wise objective questions
- Iit JAM physics MCQ Test
- Iit jam physics study material
- Solid State practice questions
- Solid State PHYSICS IIT jam study material
- Solid State PHYSICS MCQ
- Iit jam mcq
- Ssp mcq
- Solid State IIT jam practice questions
- Solid State IIT jam mcq