Stratigraphy MCQ Questions | Geology MCQ Questions | Geology MCQ for competitive exams | Stratigraphy MCQ | Geology MCQs with answers | Engineering Geology quiz | Geology Practice test | Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf |Geology Objective Questions in Hindi | Geology questions and answers | iit jam Geology mcq
Here is a compilation of Free Stratigraphy Geology MCQs for practice . It consists of IIT JAM Geology Multiple Choice Questions from the topic Stratigraphy with Answer Key. These questions can be very useful for the preparation of all the competitive examinations in Geology / Biological Sciences such as IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations . So, HERE you can test yourself.
Stratigraphy MCQs with answers 2022 for IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations
We have compiled the Stratigraphy MCQs with answers 2022 for the Candidates / Students who are preparing for IIT JAM, CSIR JRF NET, GATE and other University M.Sc & Ph.D Entrance Examinations. Practice Stratigraphy MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers which is very important for students who want to score good marks in their respective examinations.
There are some Stratigraphy MCQs with answers given below So , attempt these MCQs and test yourself ….
1. Arrange the following granitoid bodies in order of their decreasing age.
P. Erinpura Granite
Q. Closepet Granite
R. Singhbhum Granite
S. Ladakh Granitoids
2. Arrange the following formations of the Gondwana Supergroup in order of their decreasing age:
(1) Raniganj Formation
(i) Barakar Formation
(iii) Kulti Formation
(iv) Karharbari Formation
A (i) – (ii) – (ii) – (iv)
B. (i) – (ii) – (iii) – (iv)
C. (iv) – (ii) – (ii) – (i)
D. (iv) – (i) – (iii) – (i)
3. Which of the following chronostratigraphic unit(s) is/are correctly matched with the corresponding geochronologic unit(s) ?
4. Which of the following formation(s) was/were deposited in glacial and/or fluvial environment?
A. Subathu Formation
B. Karewa Formation
C. Indus Formation
D. Blaini Formation
5. Which of the following stratigraphic units are correctly matched with their ages and geographical localities?
A. Niniyur Formation – Cretaceous – Cauvery basin
B. Long Formation – Oligocene – Andaman – Nicobar
C. Zewan Formation – Permian – Kashmir- Lidar valley
D. Bhander Group – Early Proterozoic – Vindhyan basin
6. The duration of the Proterozoic Eon in Ma is:
7. Which of the following is the youngest?
A. Muth Quartzite
B. Lameta Beds
C. Golden Oolite
8. Ordovician period was named after a :
C. Rock type
9. Which of the following is the type area of Jarassic rocks in India?
10. The smallest division of geological time scale is:
11. Siwalik hills are famous for:
A. Invertebrate fossils
B. Plant fossils
C. Dinosaur fossils
D. Mammal fossils
12. Dinosaur were living during:
13. The age of Bagh Beds is:
14. The age of Fenestella Shales is:
15. Which of the following fossils are evidence for Gondwanaland continental assembly ?
D. All the above
16. The basic unit in Biostratigraphy is:
17. Glossopteris is a plant fossil known from the rocks of:
A Upper Gondwana
B. Middle Gondwana
C. Lower Gondwana
D. Rajmahal Inter-trappean Beds
18. The age of Muthquartzite is:
19. Permian is represented in Spiti by:
A. Kanawar Group
B. Kuling Group
C. Muth Quartzite
D. Agglomerate Shale
20. Age of the oldest rocks in the ocean basin is:
21. The sills and dykes of basaltic composition.are found at different places of Gondwana succession. They found in Satpura and Rewa of age, while of Damodar are thought to be ______ Valley and Assam of age ______ , respectively.
A. Rajmahal – Deccan Trap
B. Deccan Trap – Rajmahal
C. Both are Rajmahal Trap
D. Both are Deccan Trap
22. Syringothyris Cuspidata is the characteristic fossil of:
B. Lower Devonian
C. Lower Carboniferous
D. Upper Carboniferous
23. Out of these, which is intrusive into Delhi system:
A. Bijli Rhyolite
B. Erinpura Granite
C. Bundelkhand Granite
D. Singhbhum Granite
24. Which combination of geological entities occurs in the same craton?
A. Chitradurga schist belt-Closepet Granite-Hatti gold mine
B. Bhilwara Supergroup-Sitapundi anorthosite – Zawer Pb-Zn deposit
C. Kolar schist belt-Malani rhyolite-Malanjkhand copper deposit
D. Mansar formation – Makrana marble -Sukinda chromite deposit
25. Choose the correct statement from the following:
A. Vindhayan supergroup is devoid of limestone
B. The top of the Cuddapah Supergroup is Phanerozoic
C. Kaladgi basin is situated in the Baster Craton
D. The Mesozoic Bhuj Formation consist predominantly of sandstone
26. Identify the correct chronostratigraphic sequence of the Siwalik Group from the following (Oldest to youngest):
A. Pinjor-Nagri-Dhok Pathan-Tatrot
B. Nagri-Dhok Pathan-Tatrot-Pinjor
C. Dhok Pathan-Tatrot-Nagri-Pinjor
D. Tatrot-Pinjor-Nagri-Dhok Pathan
27. The concept of ‘uniformitarianism are found in:
A. J. Hutton
28. Which one of the following fossils is found in rocks of Cambrian age?
29. Which one of the following flora represents Upper Gondwana?
30. Which is the youngest era in the geological time scale?
Hope the information shed above regarding Stratigraphy MCQs with answers 2022 for IIT JAM, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU and other University M.Sc Entrance Examinations . If you have any other queries , feel free to reach us so that we can revert back to us at the earliest possible.
And if any answer is wrong then feel free to correct us 🤗.
These are some RECOMMENDED Best Books for your preparation , Buy from below the hard copy at the affordable prices : –
Advantages of practicing MCQs QUESTIONS
- By practicing the Questions from any practice book or online HERE or last years questions Papers, you’ll be able to understand the Syllabus and Pattern of the respective exam.
- By solving the Problems / Questions, you’ll find an idea about the questions that what kind of questions were asked and what kind of questions can be asked.
- Also By continuous practicing of the Problems , you’ll be able to rectify your sharpness, accuracy, capacity and also time management skills.
IMPORTANT SEARCHES AND TAGS
- Stratigraphy mcq questions
- Geology MCQ Questions PDF
- Geology MCQ for competitive exams
- Exploration Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQs with answers PDF
- Geology mcq examveda
- Photo Geology MCQ
- Geology MCQ indiabix
- Mining Geology MCQ PDF
- Engineering Geology MCQ Questions and answers pdf
- Geology MCQ book
- Structure or form which depicts leaf-like sheets is
- Geology Practice test
- Geological map mcq
- Geology Objective Questions in Hindi
- Geology questions and answers
- Engineering Geology viva Questions
- Engineering Geology quiz
- Iit jam GEOLOGY study material