Here is a compilation of Free MCQs of THERMODYNAMICS MCQs Practice Questions for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc. Candidates can practice free MCQs . At the end of Multiple Choice Questions, the answer key has also been provided for your reference. So, you can test yourself HERE.
Thermodynamics MCQs ( The Phase Transition) Practice Questions for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc.
The Thermodynamics MCQs Practice Questions with Answers is very important for students who want to score good marks in their examinations like IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc.
We have compiled the MCQs Questions for the Candidates/Students who are preparing for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc. Practice Thermodynamics MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with Answers on a daily basis and score well in exams.
There is total 30 The Modern Physics MCQs with answers given below So , attempt these The Modern Physics MCQs and test yourself , at the last correct and incorrect answers will be highlighted.
#1. Identity which one is a first order phase transition ?
#2. Consider the transition of liquid water to steam as water boils at a temperature of 100°C under àpressure of 1 atmosphere. Which one ofthe following quantities does not change discontinuously at the transition ?
#3. A quantity ofwater is completely converted into steam by boiling :
#4. Identify which one is a first order phase transition ?
#5. Which of the following is an example of a first order phase transition ?
#6. Which one of the following is a first order phase transition ?
#7. In a first order phase transition, at the transition temperature, specific heat of the system
#8. Across a first order phase transition, the free energy is
#9. A second order phase transition is one in which
#10. The transition from ordinary liquid helium (He I) to superfluid helium (He II) is an example ofa second order lambda point transition. The quantities that remain constant in such a transition at the transitionpoint are
#11. The pressure versus temperature diagram ofa given system at certain low temperature range is found to be parallel to the temperature axis inthe liquid to solid transitionregion The change in the specific volume remains constant in this region. The conclusion one can get from the above is
#12. For a liquid to vapour phase transition at Ttr which of the plots betwecn specific Gibbs free energy 'g' and temperature T is correct ?
#13. When two phases 1 and 2 of a system are in thermodynamic equilibrium, their temperature T, pressure p and chemical potential μ satisfy
#14. The vapour pressure (p), in mm of Hg. of solid ammonia is given by the relation: In p=23.01-(3754/T), where T is the absolute temperature. The vapour pressurc, in mm of Hg, of liquid ammonia is given by the relation In p = 19.49-(3063/T). The temperature of the triple point is about
#15. The ratio (∂V/∂T)p , is negative for
Hope the information shed above regarding MCQ Questions with answers of Thermodynamics for IIT JAM, JEST, TIFR, BHU, JNU, DU, HCU, ISRO etc… . If you have any other queries of Modern Physics MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, feel free to reach us so that we can revert back to us at the earliest possible.
And if any answer is wrong then feel free to correct us 🤗.
Advantages of practicing IIT JAM Physics QUESTIONS
- By practicing the IIT JAM Physics Questions from any practice book or last years questions Papers, you’ll be able to understand the IIT JAM Physics Exam Syllabus and Pattern.
- By solving the IIT JAM physics Problems / Questions, you’ll find an idea about the questions that what kind of questions were asked and what kind of questions can be asked.
- Also By continuous practicing of the IIT JAM Physics Problems , you’ll be able to rectify your sharpness, accuracy, capacity and also time management skills.
How can I start preparing for IIT JAM for Physics ?
Step-wise IIT JAM Physics 2022 Preparation Plan
Aspirants should check the following steps to start with the preparation process of IIT JAM 2022.
- Step 1 : Know the IIT JAM 2022 syllabus thoroughly.
- Step 2 : Understand the IIT JAM exam pattern and marking scheme.
- Step 3 : Get the best books to study for IIT JAM and other study material.
- Step 4 : Make a monthly time-table, a weekly time-table, and a daily time-table.
- Step 5 : Solve past years’ question papers, sample papers, and mock tests.
These are some RECOMMENDED Best Books for you IIT JAM preparation , Buy from below the hard copy at the affordable prices : –
Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics Important Topics for IIT JAM PHYSICS
There are some important topics of Thermodynamics for IIT JAM PHYSICS preperation are listed below : –
- Kinetic theory of Gases
- The Gas Laws and Laws of Thermodynamics
- The Carnot Engine
- The Entropy and Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Thermodynamics Potentials and Maxwell Relation
- The Phase Transition
- Statistical Physics
IIT JAM Physics Books to Study for Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics Preparation 2022
Books that aspirants should consider reading for the topic, Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics, are as mentioned below:
|Name of Book||Author|
|Thermal Physics||Garg, Bansal & Ghosh|
|Thermal Physics: Heat & Thermodynamics||HP Roy & AB Gupta|
|Fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics & Thermal Physics||F Reif|
IMPORTANT SEARCHES AND TAGS
- IIT JAM Physics
- IIT JAM Thermodynamics questions
- IIT JAM Physics topic wise objective questions
- Iit JAM physics MCQ Test
- Iit jam physics study material
- Thermodynamics practice questions
- Thermodynamics IIT jam study material
- Thermodynamics MCQ
- Iit jam mcq
- Kinetic theory and Thermodynamics study materials
- Ktt practice questions